The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun selling it though... your not going to get much when people realise they can get the 4870x2 for less and better performance. You'll be selling it for $350 at most anyways :(

But GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE NEW CARDS FROM ATI... GAWD.

Except that the 4870x2 is going to be 499 when it comes out...And we still dont know if its going to be "all that".

You still ASSUME that crossfire is going to work. Games like Age of Conan dont scale at all and in most cases are actually worse in multiple card setups.

most of this is assumption since they arent even out yet, so im not jumping on the 'omg ati is finally better lets bash and laugh at nvidia constantly now because they're more expensive' train just yet.

and guru, you forget how many stupid kids are on ebay using daddy's money. Post some specs and shout in caps how its the worlds best card and most people don't even bother lookin at price for performance. Or anythign else. 'Daddy I want this buy it for me'.

heck I got 100$ more out of my ultra than i should have when i sold it.

and even IF i can only sell it for 400$ , im still no worse off than if I sold my gx2 for less.

a single 4870 seems like itll be close to gtx280 performance...and all the games i like playing support dual cards just fine... 3dmark being one of em....haha which loves ati.... cant wait

What I am amazed at is how well the 4850 is performing in actual games such as crysis. ATI is always having that **** "good on paper" curse, but now they are really pulling it together just for this card alone.

Yes, we are assuming that the 4870 will be great... but just for laughs I THINK THE 4870 IS GONNA OWN!!!!!

Oh, and i've been thinking... all I play is cs:s and TF2, so I won't be buying these new cards right away... I'll wait like a smart little techie.

For those interested I compiled about 1 hour's worth of stats from Fraps in CoD4 on both my 3850 and 4850 using identical settings

1680x1050, CCC set to max quality, manually selected 2x AA, AF set to app preference and AF slider in CoD4 all the way up

71577115dq9.png

I've got the settings at 8xAA 16xAF now and will start recording statistics for another hour total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom