Official 5870 Review/Discussion Thread!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna wait till xmas before getting a new card either way. Hopefully the 4890 or gtx 275 will have dropped enough to be affordable(sub $200). Or if I'm lucky maybe Nvidia will go the "Bang for your Buck" route and have a decent dx11 card for the same price; although thats pretty unlikely.

you already can, well a 4890 anyway.

$165 after rebate, pretty good deal.
Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AX4890 1GBD5 Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

^^ USD, they're still well over $200 up north here in Canada. Just can't really toss out another $200 right now, rather spend it on gas :( . Now if it was 160CAD and I could kijji my 4850 for $80 or so then I'd think about it. Also I still haven't gotten my MIR for my mobo and its been 3 months now...

but think if nvidia does not make a $600 5870 killer (i am not saying that they will, this is a completely hypothetical statement) then the 5870 will stay at $380 until nvidia drops the prices of the GTX 295, which they most likely wont because (as it has been stated before) GT 200 is a ungodly huge piece of silicon and is so extremely expensive to make [/sarcasm]

Well apparently they arnt listening and are going to continue with their huge gpu designs. If you want value, nvidia is not the team to back.

Well two days could be 172800 seconds depending on how you look at it. Considering how fast the pc world changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom