The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've read plenty... looks to be an amazing card... the war for best bang for the buck is getting really competitive... really fast... and thats a great thing

WHoa whoa whoa... Either this is a typo or something insane is going on, look at the video cards for sale at newegg right now, newegg is listing that the 4850's have 800 Stream processors and that the GTX 280's have only 240.

Thing is, the toms hardware review says they only have 480.

Wow..

Yes they have been confirmed 800 SPs for awhile now :)

Also the review where the PSU shut down is a bit alarming. That PSU handled quad crossfire 3870x2s...so it's quite obvious to anyone that the PSU must have been faulty. The fact that they did not mention this and blamed it on the cards is somewhat shocking coming from a "legitimate" review site.

Many of those review contradict each other

Check this
VR-Zone : Technology Beats - NVIDIA GT200: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB Review

And this
AnandTech: NVIDIA's 1.4 Billion Transistor GPU: GT200 Arrives as the GeForce GTX 280 & 260

Both are showing completely different results. The GTX 280 outperformed GX2 in crysis according to vr-zone, but performed worse than GX2 according to anadtech !!! ?

Both websites are using the same drivers !

lol they just ignored you >.>

its a brand new architecture my bet is they're going to have to take a while to get the feel of things and how to best optimize the drivers for all the older-ish games. I doubt they can just copy and paste the g92 drivers to the gt200.

I'm not saying it will improve things by leaps and bounds, but it should stabilize things and maybe improve performance a bit.

it still doesnt excuse the price, but that's neither here nor there.

anyhow they've approved and progressed the stepup, just waiting on invoice confirmation then I can mail out this dual gpu piece of slag.
I just realized it's goign to leave me without a pc for a while. I forgot my spare vid card is AGP not PCI so I can't just stick it in lol. really REALLY sucks. So I hope they keep their act together. They're making me ship it Priority Air so for 30$ the ******** better not ship it back standard, or its the last time i deal with EVGA. I could ship the **** thing 2 day express for near 30$ and i highly doubt the mail companies charge evga a lot more than a normal civilian for the same service.

Guess i'll be playing wii for a while lol

This is why i'm kinda glad i have 2 9800GTX's, if i do decide to go 280, i'll still have a card while doing stepup. Still havent talked myself into it yet :p

lol. it was an easy choice for me. even if i was to sell my gx2 most people on e-bay are having a hard time getting 400$. That includes shipping.

at least this way I get the full 600$ back. it's costing 80$ for the step up total. 50 difference and 30 shipping. It doesn't look like they're charging any tax so that's pretty stellar.

anf if the 4870x2 blows it away i'll just resell it higher than i could the gx2 and take no losses. and i get to play with it first

win - win XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom