Official 5870 Review/Discussion Thread!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because people did it before doesn't make it not premature. Just means that people are doing the same thing again. We'll see what happens when GT300 comes out.

Though nothing changes the fact that this is a beast of a card.

Surely there has to be a limit to how realistic games can get, and thus video cards will not be needed to go any faster. These cards are too insane though.

Surely there has to be a limit to how realistic games can get, and thus video cards will not be needed to go any faster. These cards are too insane though.

i keep thinking the same thing, but with these new DX11 technologies games are pretty close to photo realism :big_smile:

In ten years:
"Hah, photo-realism?! They had such petty ideas of graphic prowess back then."

Just because people did it before doesn't make it not premature. Just means that people are doing the same thing again. We'll see what happens when GT300 comes out.

Though nothing changes the fact that this is a beast of a card.

It wont be out for several months, so right now the 5870 is the king. You can't count cards that don't exist. The Nvidia cards will come, and when they do we can rack and stack them. But we can't make system recommendations today based on something several months in the future. If GT300 were coming out next month then you would have a valid point. But I wont tell anyone to wait for GT300 based on what it may or may not be capable of. It's on the other side of Christmas after all.

It wont be out for several months, so right now the 5870 is the king. You can't count cards that don't exist. The Nvidia cards will come, and when they do we can rack and stack them. But we can't make system recommendations today based on something several months in the future. If GT300 were coming out next month then you would have a valid point. But I wont tell anyone to wait for GT300 based on what it may or may not be capable of. It's on the other side of Christmas after all.

All I'm saying is it wasn't a huge stretch of the imagination that the flagship card from the next generation would beat most of the cards from the old generation. It just makes sense. So, as I said, I'll wait until GT300 comes out and compare then.

Until then, as I have said a ridiculous amount of times, this card is a beast. There's no denying that. I never said we shouldn't recommend this card for current builds, but we'll see if nVidia has anything up their sleeves, seeing as I'm sure they're getting tired of being oneup'd by ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom