Official 5870 Review/Discussion Thread!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
ATIRuby.png

ATI Radeon HD 5870 Reviews:

Anandtech - AMD's Radeon HD 5870: Bringing About the Next Generation Of GPUs

Bit-Tech - ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB Review

Firing Squad - ATI Radeon HD 5870 Performance Preview

Guru3D - Radeon HD 5870 review

HardOCP - AMD's ATI Radeon HD 5870 Video Card Review

Hardware Canucks - Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 Review

HotHardware - AMD ATI Radeon HD 5870: Unquestionably Number One

Legit Reviews - ATI Radeon HD 5870 DX11 Video Card Review

PC Perspective - ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB Graphics Card and AMD Eyefinity Review

techPowerUp - AMD Radeon HD 5870 1 GB Review

Toms Hardware - ATI Radeon HD 5870: DirectX 11, Eyefinity, And Serious Speed:

TheTechReport - AMD's Radeon HD 5870 graphics processor

TweakTown - Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB Graphics Card

Loooooooookaaaaaaat thaaaaaaat speeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Significantly faster than a GTX285....

I don't want to sound lame or anything, but I kind of expected a bit more performance out the best DX11 card on the market. I think the business approach AMD has been taking has been perfect, very much in line with Intel in a lot of ways. I also think the idle power is something to be commended, but it just doesn't seem like it is the powerhouse that many were expecting.

aaronkupen said:
I don't want to sound lame or anything, but I kind of expected a bit more performance out the best DX11 card on the market. I think the business approach AMD has been taking has been perfect, very much in line with Intel in a lot of ways. I also think the idle power is something to be commended, but it just doesn't seem like it is the powerhouse that many were expecting.
Maybe you missed this:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f62/e...24-million-pixels-one-next-gen-radeon-215600/

So its somewhere in between the HD 4870X2 and the GTX 295, sometimes pulling ahead of the GTX 295.

Good show!

Looks nice, to those who say they're disappointed by the performance, wait until there's improved drivers available and the game are updated to fully support the new GPU(s).

Wow, I just checked that out about two hours ago (when I got home from school) and everything was fresh out!

EDIT: Nvm, I'm stupid, that's because they just added the XFX HD 5870 and the HIS HD 5870, all are the same price and they are charging for shipping :( .

Anybody want to sell their HD 4800 cards for uber cheap :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom