The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are pretty much describing the 8800GS/9600GSO although they are a little faster than a HD3850.

haha thats probably true, but theres a hidden step unfortunately, and that telling the parents I want the card, I couldn't even get them to buy COD4 for $30, they said I should be focusing on school and crap

haha thats probably true, but theres a hidden step unfortunately, and that telling the parents I want the card, I couldn't even get them to buy COD4 for $30, they said I should be focusing on school and crap
That sucks. Although at least its summer now so they may give you a break.

i think it was just a faulty psu.. because ocz psu's are made my pc power and cooling

Far as I know, even though OCZ owns PC Power and cooling now, their power supplies are still built by varying OEMs..

Same holds true for other brands, different models are not made by the same OEM's...

WHoa whoa whoa... Either this is a typo or something insane is going on, look at the video cards for sale at newegg right now, newegg is listing that the 4850's have 800 Stream processors and that the GTX 280's have only 240.

Thing is, the toms hardware review says they only have 480.

Wow..

i've been hearing 800 is correct.. and the 4870 is supposed to have 1000

there was some formula to figure it out... but i dno't feel like digging it up right now

Does that seem insane? Especially for the GTX 280's only having 240....

Seems insane to me..... Maybe its just me... :/

And for the price....

their shaders operate in a much different way... i think u were supposed to divide by 2 or 3 or something like that... i think it was for every 3 it worked as 1 shader.. i don't really remember...

I added some more reviews for the 4850, looks to be a great card for the price, however, you need not take my word, read the reviews yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom