Your Pingtest grade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

:D My internet is being **** right now. :D When PingTest first started I was able to get A's all the time...

I'd call up my ISP and have them send someone out to figure out what's wrong because that kind of ping and jitter is neither normal or acceptable.

I'd call up my ISP and have them send someone out to figure out what's wrong because that kind of ping and jitter is neither normal or acceptable.

They're doing a lot maintenance on their hardware. I never get below an A (with appropriate servers), when they're not doing anything to the hardware.

They're doing a lot maintenance on their hardware. I never get below an A (with appropriate servers), when they're not doing anything to the hardware.

Even still, If I were you I would not be happy about it. Had Charter internet for a year at my old house and I was plagued with problems, eventually had them replace the Coax drop from the phone line because ours had been spliced and was giving us issues.

Only kept them because $23 a month for 5meg cable was as cheap as it got.

Cable/Fiber meh they're both digital.

Digital people are spoilt ! :p

Cable and fiber are pretty different...

Besides, don't talk to me about "spoilt". I didn't have Internet at home until I was well into 9th grade, and that was crap dialup running on copper wires that the company refused to replace. Which means VERY frequent disconnects, fluctuating connect speeds anywhere from 16k to 42k, and we only got low low grade dsl when I came back from college, which is currently at a mind blowing 400 to 500k max.

I've only had cable since I moved out, and I pay a nice price for it... I think I deserve it, seeing as I'm not "spoilt". ;)

Even still, If I were you I would not be happy about it. Had Charter internet for a year at my old house and I was plagued with problems, eventually had them replace the Coax drop from the phone line because ours had been spliced and was giving us issues.

Only kept them because $23 a month for 5meg cable was as cheap as it got.

Honestly, I'm not at all concerned. Like I said, while they're doing maintenance, I'm going to see problems. Last week I got A's, and could prove it, had my IP not changed? It's free internet, so can't complain to where they'll actually do anything... Once I start payin' for it, I'll get very upset with them. Only 2down/.5up for free.

For what reason would mine not be able to complete the packet loss test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom