Your Pingtest grade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Not sure how long it's been around, but just noticed Speedtest.net has a new site called Pingtest.net

It gives you a grade, thought it might be interesting to see what grades people get :)

I got:

So hows everyone else done ?

Well yeah the further the distance the higher ping you get. Since electrical signals can only travel so fast.

That's what I get on my crappy 2MB connection :p

Edit: For example, here's my ping when using the server in Japan XD

Ping tests are useless (at least for comparison between different people). Person A may have to ping across more hops than Person B.

They are only useful when comparing different internet connections (ISP's) from the same address, or to see if there is a problem with the internet connection.

Ping tests are useless (at least for comparison between different people). Person A may have to ping across more hops than Person B.

They are only useful when comparing different internet connections (ISP's) from the same address, or to see if there is a problem with the internet connection.

The ping test is actually an overall measure of the quality of your line.

The ping test is actually an overall measure of the quality of your line.

It's a measure of the latency of all lines between you and the machine on the other end. A slow hop can affect the ping time greatly, and doesn't mean your line is bad. Even a crappy home network can slow things down.

Well, here's my ping:

My net's been utter crap lately. I miss my 30mbps/2.5mbps at home... At college I now have a 3mbps/1mbps that lately has been <1mbps/<1mbps

590557865.png

925141.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom