mac vs pc questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimitri said:
if u dont understand an OS, ur a slave to it, it can take advantage of u, if fact i herd that ms is putting some kind of spyware in longhorn to monitor activities of users.. U know what im saying?

Most Windows users don't understand their OS either. In fact, since OS X, there are actually plenty of UNIX geek types using Mac. I'm quite sure most people who use the terminal in Mac OS X understand the OS.

from what ive seen most mac users are all about graphics and pretty desktops, not real comprehension of the OS.

Most Windows XP users aren't about all about real comprehension of the OS either. The people who are REALLY into the OS itself will use some sort of Linux distro. And as I said above, the UNIX terminal is used by plenty of people...which proves that there are Mac users who know the OS. There are newbies and experts in both operating systems. Except perhaps Linux...which seems to filter out the newbies with daunting setups.

true, i use knoppix :)

So do I...the whole full-OS bootable CD thing is brilliant. And it works flawlessly. Perfect way to test a new system without any time consuming installations just to find out what something is wrong. And it is well setup...so much so that I did an HD install to replace SuSE 8.6...it was just...better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom