mac vs pc questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
g5orbust said:
Not exactly. May I point you to this system prefs menu pane:

Exactly. There is one place for all. In Windows there seem to be several locations and options where a program can set itself to be launched at the next startup.

uhhh... heres another thing.... most script kiddies/black hat havkers/programmers i know USE WINDOWS OR LINUX... Who using a mac OS is going to program a virus? Who using osX knows how to? Macs are for users, not hackers. Windows security IS a joke though, ill give u that much... links...

http://www.hackthissite.org/readarticle.php?id=1110

hts, source, very useful in understanding how it works, id have no idea for mac

im fly-47, lousy, havent hacked in while :(
lol
hope this helped
Dimitri
i mean, i'm not a mac user, so id have no frigin idea where to start making a virus on that, but linux, or win pul up my C++ perl, reef, lisp, Java, (diff) lol
i think i already nailed it, but i dont think as many mac users would make viruses and Win or Lin users

Dimitri, a large reason that hackers and virus makers might not want to use Mac OS X is because chances are they are creating viruses for or hacking people who probably will use Windows. Don't discredit the knowledge of OS X users...realize that there are always computer knowledgable people using any given OS and that just because someone doesn't hack/make viruses does not mean they cannot.

sure...

u know any mac hackers?
from what ive seen most mac users are all about graphics and pretty desktops, not real comprehension of the OS.
Dimitri

if u dont understand an OS, ur a slave to it, it can take advantage of u, if fact i herd that ms is putting some kind of spyware in longhorn to monitor activities of users.. U know what im saying?

They DO make good games for the Mac, but you just have to know where to look. Either an Apple store, or a Magazine.:)

Re: sure...

Originally posted by Dimitri
u know any mac hackers?

Yep.

from what ive seen most mac users are all about graphics and pretty desktops, not real comprehension of the OS.
Dimitri

Most Windows users are like that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom