I broke Her Heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
Currently im in grade 12. I met this girl in grade nine, so almost 4 years ago. We became really good friends. She moves after grade 10 and I loose contact with her (not really a big deal to me) so, so I become a member on facebook and guess who I stumble upon. Her profile. So we start talking again by writing on each others wall,msn, text messages and on the phone. She starts calling me hun, cutie, boyfriend, so I start calling her girl and girlfriend.So she opens up to me and tells me how she really feels. So somehow I end end up telling her I have similar feeling, but there is no physical attraction. So she asks me out on a date, so I agree cause you know she really likes me and I didnt want to hurt her by refusing so I figured you know i'll go out with her and then tell her its not going to work out. Now right now i'm going through this phase, and a relationship isnt the best thing for me. So we start talking yesterday and she asks me if there is any physical attraction, and I asked her if she wants me to tell her the honest truth, and she said yes. I told her there is just a tiny bit but I see her more as a friend, and thats all I can be just a friend. (this was on msn). The split second I told her that she signed out. Then around 10:30pm she right a note on facebook saying how stupid she was etc. She also send me a text message saying how I lead her on and how she thought I was different then other guys and that i'm not the only one with problems (which she doesn't know all of them and casn't really relate to some of the ones I have) aslo "you kinda push me away. Like I know you can't help who you like or don't like... But health question...You have the to be dumbest smart person I know." I basically broke her heart, now I feel bad but there was no chemistry there like what could I do. My emotions are basically messed up cause i've had alot of health question happen to me over the course of my life.

Ohh yeah heres the note she wrote:

"okay,
so tell me why i'm usually the most positive person towards other people and always give and give.. And I get no ounce of luck back in return?
I feel like i'm shat on...
And I really don't know why.
I'm superr confused and ****ed off right now.
Okay, so i'm upfront.. No problem with that...
But urgh I don't know...
!@#^ it's like I have "please hurt me" written on my forehead!!
I just can't handle all this crap anymore.
I give up."

Howdy,

Firstly, use of structured paragraphs wouldn't hurt :rolleyes:. Secondly, you might like to know that I give very sound advice on relationships, especially to the last person who I gave weekly advice to who unfortunately, subsequently ended up having an unplanned pregnancy after only several months of dating.

But anyhow I've read your prose a few times and...

...She starts calling me hun, cutie, boyfriend, so I start calling her girl and girlfriend....

...She also send me a text message saying how I lead her on...

...Perhaps you kind of did lead her on with the 'calling her a girlfriend' thing :umm: . Not to mention:

...So somehow I end end up telling her I have similar feeling, but there is no physical attraction...

...and accepting to go on a date with her. So I can see why she's feeling confused. However I understand that you only did these things because you didn't want to upset her.

Perhaps you should speak to her in person. Reading the note which she wrote, it sounds like this girl has low self-esteem already, which has probably only worsened when finding out that you only want to be her friend and nothing more.

You handled the situation fairly well, you tried to let her know lightly. You did your best, if she's upset, than thats her problem now. Tell her to move on because being frustrated wont get her anywere.

First of all, you are asking advice on relationships from a bunch of nerds? I don't think you could take the collective experience of all of us and measure one ounce. JMO, but I digress.

I don't think you did anything wrong. Let her be, let her get back in contact with you when she is good and ready.

Perhaps you should speak to her in person. Reading the note which she wrote, it sounds like this girl has low self-esteem already, which has probably only worsened when finding out that you only want to be her friend and nothing more.
Aye. Relationships are about interpersonal communications in the closest way possible - if you have to tell her something important, it needs to be done as personally as possible, low self-esteem or not.

:D Funny Story.. In a way.

My tidbit to add is in the form of a question.

And it is...

How many fish are in the sea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom