Fathers Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrankieG said:
My dad is getting baseball tickets from me this year. He is so into baseball this year that I figured it is the perfect gift. And of course we will have the obligatory barbecue.

Dont ask me why, but Dad's seem to like to eat in when it's fathers day or their birthday.

On my birthday (July 22), i'm eating McDonalds, and probably eat about $30 worth of food.

Junk food is bad for you. Eat healthy, no more fast food, talldude. If so, keep it to a bare minimum.

Powerslave said:
Although your right, it's his decision.

I know it's his decision. I'm simply suggesting that he doesn't eat it (at least in that quantity). In no way am I forcing him to eat healthy. I am simply suggesting that he eat healthy foods.

If I monitored his actions, followed him everywhere I went, then it would be imposition of will -- which would mean your comment would be valid, in this fictional depiction.

Eating one meal (lets say, $4-$6) is VERY unhealthy from McDonalds. Multiply that by 4 to 5, to get around $30. Think of how much saturated fat, sodium, and carbohydrates you're getting in that one sitting. (This is a different case if you get the yogurt, but I'm assuming this will be the Big Mac or Whopper, whichever is sold at McDs)

Talldude - I'm not forcing you not to eat McD, and I know you know it's unhealthy. All I'm saying is don't eat it too much, for your own health... which is my advice.

I used to eat lots of fatty foods, not only McD/BK/Wendys. After recognizing the detrimental effects it has on your body, in addition from the common conception of just "getting fat" - it can ruin your body.

Powerslave, I thank you for watching over talldude's back, though I believe that arguing about this topic is unnecessary. As you said, it's his choice to eat whatever he wants. This is a dead-end argument, and we all can safely assume and agree that junk food is bad and should be eaten in rarely or in moderation.

1. Who cares?

2. They aren't really taken as suggestion when you just say "Junk food is bad. NO MORE FAST FOOD FOR YOU! Keep it to a minimum!" sounds more like orders than suggestions.

3. Everyone knows it, but they still eat it......why......because they dont care, so it's pointless to point it out.

4. Worry about yourself, who cares what others do.

Drinking is bad for you too, but I don't need you to tell me that, nor will you telling me that make me stop. So why bother......

M4A1 said:
I know it's his decision. I'm simply suggesting that he doesn't eat it (at least in that quantity). In no way am I forcing him to eat healthy. I am simply suggesting that he eat healthy foods.

If I monitored his actions, followed him everywhere I went, then it would be imposition of will -- which would mean your comment would be valid, in this fictional depiction.

Eating one meal (lets say, $4-$6) is VERY unhealthy from McDonalds. Multiply that by 4 to 5, to get around $30. Think of how much saturated fat, sodium, and carbohydrates you're getting in that one sitting. (This is a different case if you get the yogurt, but I'm assuming this will be the Big Mac or Whopper, whichever is sold at McDs)

Talldude - I'm not forcing you not to eat McD, and I know you know it's unhealthy. All I'm saying is don't eat it too much, for your own health... which is my advice.

I used to eat lots of fatty foods, not only McD/BK/Wendys. After recognizing the detrimental effects it has on your body, in addition from the common conception of just "getting fat" - it can ruin your body.

Powerslave, I thank you for watching over talldude's back, though I believe that arguing about this topic is unnecessary. As you said, it's his choice to eat whatever he wants. This is a dead-end argument, and we all can safely assume and agree that junk food is bad and should be eaten in rarely or in moderation.

No, I wasn't arguing with you, in fact I completely agree. I use to eat that stuff every day, luckily I stopped in time before it go too bad. The main reason I said it was his own choice, is simply because the statement above looked to me like you were forcing it to him.

@ Nubius-Very valid point there, even though I know it's crap for me, I can't resist it when I have a choice of what to eat for dinner.

Nubius said:
1. Who cares?

2. They aren't really taken as suggestion when you just say "Junk food is bad. NO MORE FAST FOOD FOR YOU! Keep it to a minimum!" sounds more like orders than suggestions.

3. Everyone knows it, but they still eat it......why......because they dont care, so it's pointless to point it out.

4. Worry about yourself, who cares what others do.

Drinking is bad for you too, but I don't need you to tell me that, nor will you telling me that make me stop. So why bother......

#1 - I happen to care. The reason people keep ingesting unhealthy foods and ultimately becoming obese is because no one cares. Therefore, you have to do something. Sure, it might taste good, but that's not the only thing it's doing to you.

#2 - Had I put it in capitals, then it would be a different story. Had I put exclamations marks, it would mean something else. However, I just said "Eat healthy, no more junk food" -- because what are you trying to stay away from? Junk food... hence, no more of it. And also, it may "sound like an order" -- but remember, we're online and you can't tell the difference in plain text. Again, had I put it in bold, with an accompanying emoticon that depicts anger -- then it would be an order.

#3 - That's true, which is why people need to stop eating it, because its unhealthy. And again, I care what other people do.

#4 - Why do you worry about who I care for? I don't know talldude, but giving him advise surely won't hurt. You obviously are not educated enough to the point where you know the negative side affects of fast foods -- aside from the general fact that it can cause obesity. It's his choice to eat it or not. Flame me all you want for caring, but don't castigate me for giving advise to another person -- especially if it's something beneficial to that person.

I don't see why you're contesting my advice to someone because if it's beneficial and worthwhile to that person, why are you getting annoyed? Like I said, I'm not forcing anyone to listen to me, and if you don't want to -- you surely don't have to at all.

I, myself, used to eat these fatty foods everyday. I would get a Big Mac or a Whopper, or just those 99c burgers at Wendys. I'd eat them regularly, and most of my money would go there. Though, after I realized what harm it was doing to my body, I began to eat a healthy and proper diet, excercise daily (lift weights & cardio), and saw an improvement in physique. I lost around 20lb all because of that. I'm now down to 12% bodyfat, from around 20%. That's a big improvement -- all because of eating healthy and exercising.

Powerslave said:
No, I wasn't arguing with you, in fact I completely agree. I use to eat that stuff every day, luckily I stopped in time before it go too bad. The main reason I said it was his own choice, is simply because the statement above looked to me like you were forcing it to him.

If that's the case, then no - that's not what I meant. I simply meant it to give him some constructive and beneficial advice.

M4A1 said:
Junk food is bad for you. Eat healthy, no more fast food, talldude. If so, keep it to a bare minimum.

I eat junk food, because its cheap. I just had 10-pack of McNuggets, super-sized, and costed $6.

If i had "healthy food", i would have to buy everything, and pay about $8, and cook it, thats $2 of electricity.

Its so much cheaper to eat fast-food, and it tastes better.

Also i bike to work, and usually take about 1 hour of exercise per day, either walking or biking. I dont just sit at the computer, but i'll admit, computers are better than exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom