Fathers Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking my father to "Englishtown, NJ" on sunday for the NHRA K&N Filters Supernationals. (Drag Racing)
Shhh, dont tell my dad that. He loves drag racing. He goes to the pamona races once in a while. His back is screwed up though he can't go that often since the trip and sitting in the seats for a while will mess him up. By the time he gets home he's dead tired. He's 56 in october.

Farther's Day down here is still a few months away.
I am glad my farther does not celibrate american farther's day. The 4 birthdays and one annaversy is enough punishment on my wallet all ready.

I normally get my dad a power tool. Most of the time it's a replacement for the one i broke or lost earlier in the year.

Yeah, he'd get along great with my dad then... He watches the Drags / Nascar like ever weekend. Although, he's far from your stereotypical redneck type.

But, yeah... My favorite are the Top Fuel Dragsters. 1/4 mile in usually under 5 secs. 330+ MPH.

Then it's fun to walk around and watch them in the pits. (After every run, they break the cars down completely and rebuild them) Usually in just over an hour....

Yeah, he'd get along great with my dad then... He watches the Drags / Nascar like ever weekend. Although, he's far from your stereotypical redneck type.
Well, my dad despises NASCAR, he only likes the top fuels and funny cars.

He thought it'd be fun to let me stand behind a top fuel dragster when it was started up when I went with him for the first time to pamona......jerk. Freakin nitro methane fumes dang near killed me. He was just laughing.

Needless to say I got 'owned'

My dad is getting baseball tickets from me this year. He is so into baseball this year that I figured it is the perfect gift. And of course we will have the obligatory barbecue.

Nubius said:
He thought it'd be fun to let me stand behind a top fuel dragster when it was started up when I went with him for the first time to pamona......jerk. Freakin nitro methane fumes dang near killed me. He was just laughing.

Needless to say I got 'owned'

hahaha... yeah... that stuff is brutal.

So funny you should say that because last year when we went there was a guy that my father knows on one of the Top Fuel Teams, and they were just about to fire it up after the rebuild, and my dad was standing right behind it and I walk up to him and say, "Hey, Dad? Arent you going to back up?" - He's like oh NO... I'm fine... Are you sure? Yeah, I'm fine...

Ok?

They fired that sucker up and the fuel filled the air and his glasses were completely covered in raw Nitro Methane... His eyes were bright red and watering and he couldn't breath for like 2 minutes...

After we fixed him up, we said, "Not going to do that again are you?" lol - NO!

When they first fire those things up a good percentage of that fuel is just dumpout raw and unburned...

So , yeah... my Dad knows exactly what you went through.. lol

lol, I didn't get any raw nitro on me or anything. Eyes weren't red or anything, but yeah....couldn't breathe at all. You try putting your shirt over your mouth and it doesn't do a dang thing.

I seriously thought I was gonna die from suffocation haha. Every breath you take is just painful and hardly even oxygen

Believe it or not, you'll see a lot of people walking around the pits with either "painters masks" or some type of "breathing mask".

I just use my shirt, but you're right, it doesn't help one bit.

Loud as heck too isn't it? We wear ear plugs and gun muffs when we go. The tickets I got are actually pretty good this year 3rd round grandstand in the burnout area. Boy, I can smell the rubber now...

I think this year i'll wear a full biosuit.... It's going to rock... lol

I'm going to take some pictures, so i'll post a few next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom