Anyone hear of any games that will top crysis in graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Physics offloaded onto the cpu versus a gpu....yes.

Have you ran a physx based game yet??? Offloading the physics onto a gpu makes games much much smoother.

Doesnt matter whether the game as a whole is cpu dependent. The engine loads physics onto cpu's which are slow at rendering physics...no matter how fast of a cpu it is.

Yeah I played Warmonger when nvidia released it. I'm not going out of my way looking for physx games since my next card probably won't be from nvidia.

Looking at the list of PhysX games aside form UT3 and the graw series most of them are ones I have never heard of. There must be a reason most of the major titles are avoiding it.

I haven't run UT3 with Physx but without it the demo was far from unplayable.

Yeah I played Warmonger when nvidia released it. I'm not going out of my way looking for physx games since my next card probably won't be from nvidia.

Looking at the list of PhysX games aside form UT3 and the graw series most of them are ones I have never heard of. There must be a reason most of the major titles are avoiding it.

There should be more coming.

The main thing is that the Unreal Engine 3 supports it fully..so many of the games that support it use that engine.

Not regular UT3....try to play the physx mod and then see what happens.

no any game with the unreal 3 engine will run amazing with physx this includes rsv2, bioshock, gears of war, and many more AAA titles. heck look at this video.

YouTube - ATi CrossfireX Vs Nvidia 3-Way SLi

physx essentialy doubled his cpu score, with just a litle hit to the gpu performence but offerd overall a higher performence.

^^ That little hit to gpu performance could be a problem in crysis since most cards struggle to run it as it is whereas cpu's aren't the limiting factor.

So what are you planning on getting?

^^ That little hit to gpu performance could be a problem in crysis since most cards struggle to run it as it is whereas cpu's aren't the limiting factor.

But physics are one of the reasons why the game is hard to run.

And you can have a dedicated physx card as well...so your gpu's dont take any performance hit (which is just a few shaders, nothing big). Any cuda based card even a $40 8600 series will run physics so much better than a cpu.

So what are you planning on getting?

I really want to wait until R800 comes out to see how it does. It sounds very impressive although there isn't that much info available on it yet. Although as little time as I have to game anymore I may not upgrade for quite a while.

Considering how complex Crysis is graphically putting physX on it would slow the game down. The idea of parallelism is to of load the duty on to different things, not make the video card do double duty. There is a reason PhysX is rarely adopted. I think Nvidia just doesn't want to tell us why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom