You know what sucks???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took it last year [sophomore year in HS]. Found it to be easier than Calculus. Just my opinion. :D

Hardest math class for me was AP Physics C [more math than science]. Nightmare of a course with little point to it due to our HORRIBLE teacher who didnt teach at all.

Discrete math includes sets, functions and relations, matrix algebra, combinatorics and finite probability, graph theory, finite differences and recurrence relations, mathematical induction, number theory, and linear programming.

Hmm, I always though myself discrete math was one of the easier math classes. Geometry is hard.

Meithan said:
Also, I can't reconcile the fact that he's studying computer science yet doesn't like logic, algorithmics, information theory, etc. Computer Science isn't (shouldn't?) "learning how to program", people!

I like all of that stuff, I even thought about double majoring in math and Comp Sci because I really enjoy math. I have earned a 95 or greater in all of my math classes so far (Calc 1, 2, 3, differential equations, linear algebra). However, this class is killing me. Here is the low down. I do all the homework assigned (confirm it is right from solution manual) and do the assignments that are given in class and have d/led and read multiple pdfs from other colleges lectures, but still managed to bomb the first test. I am really starting to think it is the professor not the material. I have another test tomorrow and if I bomb it, I have to drop.

Spartan said:
Took it last year [sophomore year in HS]. Found it to be easier than Calculus. Just my opinion. :D

Hardest math class for me was AP Physics C [more math than science]. Nightmare of a course with little point to it due to our HORRIBLE teacher who didnt teach at all.

As far as not teaching, welcome to college. As far as physics. I got an 94 in Physics I with Calc I and a 92 in Physics II with calc II.

I am not exactly a retard, this class just sucks!

evelmunkey said:
I am really starting to think it is the professor not the material. I have another test tomorrow and if I bomb it, I have to drop.

From what you say, it's very possible. Some are just @$$holes that refuse to give good students good grades. "A grade of 80% is only for the teacher, 90% only for the author of the textbook, and 100% only for God!"

I am not exactly a retard, this class just sucks!

Never doubted you for a second :)

Good luck with the test by the way.

evelmunkey said:
[BAs far as not teaching, welcome to college. As far as physics. I got an 94 in Physics I with Calc I and a 92 in Physics II with calc II.

I am not exactly a retard, this class just sucks! [/B]

Never said you were, lol.

I got an A in physics, but I had to work my *** off for that grade and for the 5 on the AP exam. Basically, I would go home and teach myself everything by the textbook. Dumb teacher went off on the most useless tangents for the entire, and we had this one idiot in our class who just had to ask the stupidest, most pointless questions, which my teacher found interesting. I swear if I don't get credit for that class when I go to college, I'm going to hurt someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom