Why cant i have nice things (or people suck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sucks is, even though they are paying for the repairs, i still have a busted car. Although the front end of the car was pretty chewed up, i'm guessing the guy i bought the car from tailgated quite a bit, because the front bumper had lots of rock chips, and a couple good sized chips on the hood. So once i get the car back in 2-3 weeks, it'll basically be a brand new car. I'm one of those neurotic freaks who parks like as far as humanly possible from everything so that i dont get door dings.

lol ^ I do that even with my Honda Accord, but people say keeping it too far away also makes it easier for somebody to steal stuff like mirrors or tires and such

Don't care which automotive group you talk about, (generally speaking), there are people at that bottom rung of the ladder that gives a bad image to the group as a whole..... IMO, the 'children' with the Japenese cars get the worst image because of the vast majority of cheap 'performance' parts available, and the cars cost.... There are truly some remarkable Honda's, Toyota's, Nissan's, etc. etc. out there, but you have to filter through all the garbage.

Don't leave out the US Domestic cars either... I have seen MORE than a fair share of mustangs & camaro's that are trash as well.

Right, right. I just see civics all the time with huge *** tailpipes and everything on 'em. I was kind of referring to all the economy cars that people try to make look fast, not the performance cars these companies make. I, myself, would love a Nissian Skyline...or a 2009 Covette...but that ain't gonna happen.

yes theres a difference between an econobox with a fartcan and a car that was meant to go fast.

Metal, I was actually refering to Civics.... there are very many nice civics out there, with performance to boot... my issue is with the kids that get an intake, header & exhaust, and think they are mario andredi.

^^LOL^^
i should've known. lance, my truck is a 2001 with a 7.3 liter.
also, did someone mention supra??
i used to have a mint 1983 supra. that car was fast.
a buddy of mine has the last one they made, i think a 99 or 2000? its a turbo, and dude it will beat anything i have ever ridden in/driven/seen on the road. those last years of the supra turbos...they were monsters.

Nice cars get damaged. :( My Dad's E90 now has a dent in it from a large stone coming off a truck. Scrapes on both bumpers that are deep from cars rolling into it in car parks. A scruff which looks like someone sat on the bonnet with some rough trousers/belt/sand paper. All in under a year since rolling out of the factory.

Our previous car was hit by a insured driver weeks before it was due to go back.

Might get a light tank and run it on veg oil when I need my own wheels/caterpillar tracks. :D

^^ Saw on the discovery channel one time that it is LEGAL in the UK to own a TANK, and drive it on public roads. Needs to meet certain criteria, like having the gun disabled and all of that, but it's legal.... Wouldn't have to worry about un-insured drivers ever again.

but if you drive a tank you gotta have this bumper sticker on it

"If you **** with me, I'll run you over"

or

"If you **** with me, I'll blow you the **** up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom