Why cant i have nice things (or people suck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so tommorow is my birthday, yay i'm old. This morning on my way to work some little whippersnapper decides he wants into my lane. He punches the gas, i see him moving, stomp the brakes, WEEEEEE, he puts me into the wall...I drove crappy cars for the first 12 years of my life and no one ever hit me. Now that i buy the car that i REALLY WANTED, and this is the 2nd time in a year that someone has hit me. Last january a snowplow hit my car in the parking lot and now this happens.

Why cant i have nice things :(

edit: heh 3000th post.

Man, that sucks. On the bright side, you get to see his insurance go up. :D

I'm debating right now if i should cut the mirror off. Its hanging by the wires right now, and i dont want to drive with it hanging because it'll jack up the paint on my door. But then again i dont want to cut the wires because it might cost me more to have the cables rerun....After the fact, i was just thinking about it, and realize it could have been worse, i could have blown my air bags.

Sorry you got your car messed up dude, but the most important thing is you are ok. Oh an as trotter said tape it up an let the repair guy figure out what the best course of action would be.

Ya, 04.5 jetta GLI. Just glad i had my crappy 16" snows on and not my good BBS 18"s because it scuffed the crap out of both front rims. Hope i have some duct tape in the car.

reminds me about a week ago
now bear in mind I'm the typical "old man driver", just not that old :p
I drive 45 in a 45 and 55 in a 55....etc.

I'm on the highway going 55 and up ahead the lane is merging into 1 because of road work. I am in the "slow" right lane, going a constant speed. It's about a half mile stretch and up the rise is a merge off, which I will take.

Big truck behind me decides I'm going to slow and gets floors it behind me to get in front of me. No big deal. And then the a-hole driver behind him decides to floor it too and try and get in front of me.

Now all this isn't a problem for me if people want to floor it and past me. But up ahead everyone is slowing down. In essence, anyone flooring past me, going 65 and then slowing down just to get in front of me is an absolute moron.

I don't feel in the mood for any shenanigans so I keep my constant "slower" speed. This freaks out the guy in front of me and he veers off beeping his horn. I of course merge off...all the while having one of the greatest moments of that sort. :D

but hey, join the crowd of people who finish last ;). It's more important you came out safe, just sucks we have to deal with such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom