Who still plays TF2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww seriously! Am I the only person who DOESN'T like that actress? At the very least she is useless in the movie.

Well, I guess my joke was a play off a recent [Adultswim] commercial. It was basically a collection of all the megan fox clips from the new movie rolled into one commercial. The highlight was of her bent over on a motorcycle. With various other clips of her. Then there was a couple QUICK shots of the Transformers. At the end they said, "We love you Megan Fox".

Essentially, they understand the concept of having a hot popular actress parading around in a Robot / Explosion movie. It's certainly not a chick flick. Bring the kids... I'm sure Dad will be head over heals to take them.

HAHA! It's more than meets the eye...

I played for quite a bit last night and was playing Spy for the majority of that. I was doing pretty good, but it's so hard to keep a positive K/D ratio. I found the key is definitely in the cloak. Cloak > backstab > then cloak immediately to get outta there. If there's a Pyro nearby you're screwed. Along those lines...does anyone know what the secondary watch thing does (the gold one)?

I was playing sniper quite a bit too and was raking in some serious head shots.

I've also tried that compression blast on rockets and it's seriously awesome and fun to see the soldier like...WTF! :-o

EDIT: I've looked everywhere for a Spy unlock guide and there isn't **** on the web...

Spy achievements - TF2 Wiki

Milestone 1
Obtain 5 of the Spy achievements.
Reward: Ambassador

Milestone 2
Obtain 11 of the Spy achievements
Reward: Cloak and Dagger

Milestone 3
Obtain 17 of the Spy achievements
Reward: Dead Ringer

tf2wiki is awesome. There isn't anything it doesn't have. There's a great portion per. class that gives you tips on how to get certain achievements.

Perfect! How Google and Yahoo didn't come up with that site when I typed "Team Fortress 2 weapon unlocks" is pretty pathetic.

So basically the Dead Ringer is the watch I was talking about. According to the wiki it just allows you to get away from an attack by cloaking after damage and then placing a false corpse down. But you only have 6.5 seconds to get away and the uncloaking process is rather loud and distinct. Seems way too complicated and doesn't seem like it would be that useful.

EDIT: LMAO...this is awesome!
Using the dead ringer, It is possible to survive: A deadly fall (non-trigger), 16 stickies, taunt attacks, fully-charged headshots, backstabs and the initial hit by a train or saw blade.

EDIT EDIT: I should make this my avatar, cause that's what I look like most the time as Spy...lol!
SpyHeadAsplode.gif

Don't forget you can also get the new items through random drops. That is how I got most of the new stuff before the but the milestones back in (they were not present at the initial spy vs. sniper update). The dead ringer is a VERY dangerous tool if you learn how to use it. Myself, I prefer the cloak and dagger since I am the type to just hide and wait for good opportunities to present themselves (on the rare occasions that I actually play spy). I do not really pay attention to my achievements much anymore, all that matters is that I have all the weapon unlocks. I have yet to find a single headpiece though, the drop rate on those **** things is so friggin rare.

I couldn't play spy or scout to save my life. On the rare occasion I am thinking to myself, oh I think I could try it, I get my head shot off right as i exit the door or entrance.

I haven't found anything at all in random drops. I've only unlocked weapons and such from reaching Milestones. I see people running around with neat head pieces and I've heard that those are found at random. Based on the amount of time you play? I play everyday for at least 2-3 hours. HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO PLAY TO FIND ONE?

What I like about many of the achievements is they are all for he most part (in-game) skill & tactical.

What I mean by that is for example:

Let's take the pyro class since I'm most familiar with it. I've become 10 times better with the pyro based on the fact that I've picked 5 achievements at a time and enabled them to be displayed in my In-game hud. They while playing I keep those achievements in mind during gameplay. I've found that through working for achievements it's "trained" me on various aspects of the game per/class that I would neer have normally learned.

HOTSHOT & HOT POTATO
Both are achieved through use of the Compression blast with the level 1 flame thrower. These two actually made me learn how to use the CB to deflect demo grenades, eliminate stickies, deflect soldier rockets as a part of my game. Until I was actually trying to achieve these I never used the CB.

COMBINED FIRE

Using a combo of both your Shotgun and Flamethrower to finish off 20 victims. This isn't very hard, but it trains a pyro to utilize both weapons per encounter. (Light a scout or spy on fire and watch him run, quick switch your longer range shotgun and finish him off.)

SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION

Ignite 10 cloaked spys. Easy right. Of course. But this trains the player to SPY CHECK, SPY CHECK, SPY CHECK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom