PS4 Post Mortem

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
Here is the thread where Sony Men post their impressions of the PS4.

Form factor....from the slick light on top to the parallelogram form-this is the sexiest game system to date IMO.

Controller...greatly improved. I literally said "wow" when I held it in my hands. Love the light and speaker. Subtle but fun.

User interface...feels clean, loads fast, intuitive once you get over the fact that it is NOT the XMB.

Party chat...there are clearly some weird bugs when joining. I keep getting strange NAT type issues for no rhyme or reason. My NAT type is clearly 2! Works most of the time though.

Sharing....not as awesome as I hoped. Needs Facebook at least for now. I do like the twitter sharing for pictures. Follow Lastplace09!

Full name feature....I like this. It isn't forced on me and both people have to agree to share full names.

Remote play...cool but not what I hoped. I don't need to play on remote play be amuse I don't have a lady friend that wants to watch TV. Fine by me.

Ps camera...waste of time at the moment. The microphone picks up voice in the room while you are trying to chat with the headset. I had to unplug it.

Free Headset...cheap and makes your earhole bleed

Games...nice election of games. The graphics feel a little less like "next gen" though. Granted, they are beautiful but I didn't have the same wow as I did from ps2 to ps3.

Battlefield 4....all the bugs and crashing and saves that I've lost...I pulled an Ajacks and bought Killzone at lunch. Eff this game until its more stable.

Marvel Lego...so freaking awesome. Graphics are great, story is fun. Omfg all the characters to unlock!!

War frame.....meh

Resogun....holy smokes awesome. I'm sorry to say, but this was the best launch title for me.

Overall 8/10
Games 8/10

Other than expecting BF4 to work like the other launch titles, I don't regret being an early adopter.

Last edited:
no regrets here im not to bothered by the share,video editor gave me trouble though, KZSF is forking great, i love the remote play though i think its slick

Yep I lost my save on Battlefield again last night and I was almost to the end. I just don't understand how Guerilla Games puts out a perfectly functioning FPS, and EA can't even manage to get the single player working in theirs. I expected the multiplayer to be a mess, but I guess you don't get to be voted worst company in america two years running by maintaining the status quo.

I like it, fo sho. There was a nice write up on Killzone at The Daily Beast. Resogun I'm excited for. Reminds me of the days at Aladdin's Castle watching kids play Defender.

I'm not sure how the UI is going to be. I'm planning on doing all digital and it looks like it'll be cluttered.

i will say standard install for disc games seems to be 50 gigs

I seriously considered upgrading the hdd day one, but I'm holding out for a 1.5-2tb sshd to hit around the $100 price. With installs this big I don't think 500gb is going to last long. If you figure the number of physical games I have for the PS3 and then multiply that times a conservative 30gb install per game I'm looking at at least 2.5gb easy.

I seriously considered upgrading the hdd day one, but I'm holding out for a 1.5-2tb sshd to hit around the $100 price. With installs this big I don't think 500gb is going to last long. If you figure the number of physical games I have for the PS3 and then multiply that times a conservative 30gb install per game I'm looking at at least 2.5gb easy.

They have 1TB hybrid drives for around that prices:

Seagate Solid State Hybrid ST1000LM014 1TB Laptop Hard Drive - Newegg.com

Sounds good. once developers get more time with it the games should be great. Looking forward to seeing the comparison with Xbox One.

Back
Top Bottom