Potentially the longest thread in history...

Has this site always been techist.com or did it used to be called something else? I don't think I've been here in over a decade but I don't remember this name.

Has this site always been techist.com or did it used to be called something else? I don't think I've been here in over a decade but I don't remember this name.
It was originally tech-forums.net. Once it was bought by Andy, it and computerforums.org were eventually merged and made into techist.com.

You know, if we had as many posts as there were spammers caught by the filters, this place would hopping 24/7.
You know what, seeing the quality of posts and dumb shit people say on specific groups on FB and Reddit, I'm glad those people aren't here. Techpowerup is rather busy and I definitely feel like the tech IQ has drastically decreased over the past 10-15 years. Nothing but a bunch of people claiming to be experts after watching a couple LTT videos regurgitating info they don't even understand.

Good news guys! I finally ordered a new graphics card. I hope going from a GTX 950 to an RX 6600 is worth it. Got some money from my extended family over chistmas to spend so I thought I'd go for it along with a few other upgrades. I already bought a 32GB DDR4 3200 Kit which was a surprising doozy to get working right with xmp and all. I haven't been gaming much over the past few years but I have developed a strange fascination with the backrooms liminal space horror genre of game lately. It will also be nice ti be able to play 7 days to die again. Next thing on my list of things to buy is going to be a Ryzen 5 5600 CPU but I have to do a sketchy bios update for that. I haven't been as gung ho to upgrade my PC over the past half decade or so. I'm more interested in squeezing the most life out of what I have.

Anyway thought I'd just pop back in and see how this place is doing.

Good news guys! I finally ordered a new graphics card. I hope going from a GTX 950 to an RX 6600 is worth it. Got some money from my extended family over chistmas to spend so I thought I'd go for it along with a few other upgrades. I already bought a 32GB DDR4 3200 Kit which was a surprising doozy to get working right with xmp and all. I haven't been gaming much over the past few years but I have developed a strange fascination with the backrooms liminal space horror genre of game lately. It will also be nice ti be able to play 7 days to die again. Next thing on my list of things to buy is going to be a Ryzen 5 5600 CPU but I have to do a sketchy bios update for that. I haven't been as gung ho to upgrade my PC over the past half decade or so. I'm more interested in squeezing the most life out of what I have.

Anyway thought I'd just pop back in and see how this place is doing.
Great to see you around, dude.

I just finished my upgrade saga and I got to say I'm actually surprised my computer still works. I got my r5 5600 today and had way too much trouble with the cooler install. I slipped and stabbed my motherboard a few times but no damage. So props to ASROCK for making a motherboard that can really take a stabbing. I seriously thought It was not going to power on. I am a little concerned about my temps they idle in the 50s now and go up to 88 doing cinebench 2024. I can't believe they still sell these with the wraith stealth cooler. This one should definitely come with the wraith spire at a minimum. They should go back to the old clip style mounting bracket too. I had a lot of trouble with the back plate falling off while I was trying to install the cooler.

Edit: repasted with some mx4 I had laying around now it idles in mid 40s. Still kind of warm but not dangerous

Last edited:
Nothing like waking up to 58 Samsara notifications because a couple of teenagers decided to steal one of my technicians vehicles and go joyriding across Memphis. They started moving at 2:03am, picked up a friend, did donuts all over the place, and finally left the car behind a house around 5am.The dashcam got lots of good pictures and video so hopefully the cops can use them, not that a single one saw them during their three hours of mayhem.

Back
Top Bottom