PC won’t boot normally

stevethebrain

In Runtime
PC won’t boot normally

My TV PC is where I got the 64bit OS from on the previous threads.

All I did was clone from SSD to SSD now this TV PC won’t boot normally.

What I’m reduced to is after powering up I have to do the 3 finger salute ctrl/alt/Del then press F12 repeatedly.

Instead of seeing the BIOS all I see is which boot device do you want an the SSD is on the top of list so I press enter.

So how do get back into the BIOS so I can select the SSD an boot normally? Thanks for advice

I was able to get into the BIOS however I don’t see the SSD in the list of boot devices.
BIOS no ssd.jpg

Only way I can get PC to boot is to repeatedly press F12 then this window comes up w/ SSD on top of list of boot devices.
only boot order I can boot from.jpg

Weird To enter the BIOS on this MOBO I have to press Del key repeatedly.

Additionally the sys won’t restart. thanks for booting an BIOS tips

@stevethebrain
Maybe it would start with this:
- what computer or other device it is at all,
- what you actually did there.
Did you really cloned the content of one SSD to another, or did you not cloned, but copied instead?
And if there was an SSD before and there is also an SSD now, why do you need to change something in the BIOS? What is the reason to make changes in BIOS?
And also, if everything was OK with the former SSD, how can now there be multiple boot menus or devices or what are you talking about at all?
Go to take everything from beginning and step-by-step and tell what exactly you do or did and also - how You do or did.
At the moment it seems that you are doing something, but how or why it is impossible to understand.

@stevethebrain
Maybe it would start with this:
- what computer or other device it is at all,
- what you actually did there.
Did you really cloned the content of one SSD to another, or did you not cloned, but copied instead?
And if there was an SSD before and there is also an SSD now, why do you need to change something in the BIOS? What is the reason to make changes in BIOS?
And also, if everything was OK with the former SSD, how can now there be multiple boot menus or devices or what are you talking about at all?
Go to take everything from beginning and step-by-step and tell what exactly you do or did and also - how You do or did.
At the moment it seems that you are doing something, but how or why it is impossible to understand.
I have two PCs 1 for TV (MoboIntel H57 CPU I3 550 3.2GHzRAM 6GB DDR3) other for work station (dell optiplex CPUi5 both are win7. having problems w/ WS PC so I cloned the TV PCs OS which is on SSD w/ Samsung migration SW.
after the cloning I just left the TV PCs OS SSD drive in the TV PC.I thought the cloned 64 bit OS would work in the WS which had a 32 bit OS but in sys. proteries had yes to 64 bit OS(but it wouldn't work in the dell WS PC.
so I never physically changed anything in the TV PC just did a clone.

now the TV PC won't boot up normaly. only way I can get it to boot is do ctrl/alt/del then F12 then enter the SSD. so I wanted to get into BIOS an put SSD as first boot device.
when I get inside BIOS I don't even see the SSD, I tryed putting LAN as first boot device but that didn't work. it's like the only part of the PC see's the SSD an the BIOS doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom