Dell trys to boot then just Dell logo

stevethebrain

In Runtime
Dell trys to boot then just Dell logo rinse repeat. Dell optiplex 7010 I include the sys. infor.

I see the windows start then goe’s back to Dell logo repeatedly.

I’ve cloned a win7 (yes I know it’s old but it’s what I have at the moment) 64 bit OS previous version was 32bit.

The clone process was sucsessfull I cloned from a samung SSD to another samsung SSD (disregard previous thread thats a differnt issue that I will continue w/ later.) just can’t get PC to boot up.

Been attempting to apply the little I know all unsuccessfully. Provided as much details as I can.

It’s probaley something real obvious you experts can see right away.

This is what I have attempted in BIOS so far all unsuccessful for a boot up.* indicates selected.

1.SSD first device to boot* I actually removed the other devices diskette & USB

2.ACHI mode *is enabled in BIOS

3.sys. infor SATA0=Samsung SSD, it would make to much sense to designate a SATA port as a C:/ drive port or is there?

4.boot sequence SSD again only device

5.advance boot options-enable Legacy optionROMs*

6.date & time is correct

7.sys.config- integrated NIC

8.enabled w/ PXE*

9.service port COM1*

10.SATA operation ACHI* this was my initial check.

11.SATA drives 0* 1* 2*

12.SATA0 device is Samsung SSD

13.Secure boot enabled* because of legacy mode which is the only option to get Samsung as boot device.

14.another message not sure what this is . PXE+M0F existing intel boot agent.

Thanks for boot up advice I will be updating my notebook.

Attachments

• trys to boot then dell logo.jpg
    trys to boot then dell logo.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 0
  • boot sequence samsung.jpg
    boot sequence samsung.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1
  • intergrated NIC enabled w PXE.jpg
    intergrated NIC enabled w PXE.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1
  • SATA is set to AHCI.jpg
    SATA is set to AHCI.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1
  • SATA operation AHCI.jpg
    SATA operation AHCI.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It's not "existing Intel boot agent" it is "EXITING Intel boot agent" which basically means it it cannot find the correct boot files to boot into Windows. My next move would be to make a bootable USB drive using, perhaps, Universal USB installer from here:-....
https://pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

Make a linux boot USB disk from any of the many free linux distributions. I use Xubuntu, and ensure your computer boots from that. That will check that the booting options are there and that they work. I would ditch Your Windows 7, it isn't supported and depending on how new the computer is that you are trying to boot it may not work and that could be your problem.

You can get a free copy of Windows 10 or 11 from here. You might need to register it but it can be installed with registering and will work although it might have some restrictions. Plenty of tutorials on You Tube.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

14.another message not sure what this is . PXE+M0F existing intel boot agent.
It's bypassing trying to boot into Windows and instead trying to boot from PXE LAN. Disable that option seen in your 3rd pic. You need to match SATA/AHCI and Legacy/UEFI options with the old machine you cloned from.

It's not "existing Intel boot agent" it is "EXITING Intel boot agent" which basically means it it cannot find the correct boot files to boot into Windows. My next move would be to make a bootable USB drive using, perhaps, Universal USB installer from here:-....
https://pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

Make a linux boot USB disk from any of the many free linux distributions. I use Xubuntu, and ensure your computer boots from that. That will check that the booting options are there and that they work. I would ditch Your Windows 7, it isn't supported and depending on how new the computer is that you are trying to boot it may not work and that could be your problem.

You can get a free copy of Windows 10 or 11 from here. You might need to register it but it can be installed with registering and will work although it might have some restrictions. Plenty of tutorials on You Tube.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
I should have mentioned the cloned version of win7 was 64bit OS this machine came w/ 32bit OS.
I fought w/ this issue for many hours trying every conceivable configurations then came here asking for advice.
so I cloned a 32bit OS an she booted up perfectly fine. I assume the MOBO can only handle a 32 bit OS?
so I can boot w/ linux but use windows that would be two OS? I don't know how to operate linux mite be time to learn.

I've tried win10 machine didn't like,doesn't the new version of windows usalley come out in the summer?
additionally are my sys. properties sufficient enough for win10-11?
thanks Pete for advice

Attachments

• dell specs.jpg
    dell specs.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 3
It's bypassing trying to boot into Windows and instead trying to boot from PXE LAN. Disable that option seen in your 3rd pic. You need to match SATA/AHCI and Legacy/UEFI options with the old machine you cloned from.
I should have mentioned the new cloned OS was 64 bit was hopping I could use it? would the sys boot w/ 64bit OS sys. if I dissabled the PXE LAN? thanks PP Mguire

I should have mentioned the new cloned OS was 64 bit was hopping I could use it? would the sys boot w/ 64bit OS sys. if I dissabled the PXE LAN? thanks PP Mguire
PXE LAN is an enterprise level option for mass imaging, not needed here.
64bit won't make a difference, it's all in how one OS was installed vs the other. AKA UEFI vs legacy, and AHCI vs IDE.

This machine has parts that normally would have been shipped with Windows 10 or 8.1, it only would have came with Windows 7 if it was delivered to a large business.

PXE LAN is an enterprise level option for mass imaging, not needed here.
64bit won't make a difference, it's all in how one OS was installed vs the other. AKA UEFI vs legacy, and AHCI vs IDE.

This machine has parts that normally would have been shipped with Windows 10 or 8.1, it only would have came with Windows 7 if it was delivered to a large business.
yes this Dell machine was used for a bussiness an even though it has a i5 4 core CPU it doe's infact have the win7 logo on the case.. e-bay seller had a bunch for sale. it's been a good PC untill recently slowing down when I watch videos on bitchute/rumble an even ytube. edit: I do watch at 1.75 speed but it seams to buffer quite well.
now that I've switched to 32bit OS this issue seams to be resolved. now I need to sort out the TV PC.
thanks PP Mguire.

You are choking that machine by using 32bit as it has 8GB of RAM. You should do a fresh install so you are able to utilize the full amount of RAM available in that computer with a 64bit OS.

Back
Top Bottom