Parallel Installation

SCxnoxiousTechie

In Runtime
Problem : Launch Start up Repair

TS : Safe mode (normal ,w/ networking , command promt ) - no go
Important files needs to back up
2nd Option : Parallel Installation - I downloaded an ISO for Windows 7 home Premium , everything was fine and burned to a DVD writable disc .
When i put it in to the computer , pressing F12 to load the Boot Menu , CD/DVD to / Press any key / Enter / Loading Windows Files / Starting Windows / then it goes to a black screen w/ a moving cursor and nothing happens

Do i need to wait on it ???
I re-do all the process and reset the bios 1st to default but still it gives me the same problem ..
Any idea?

So your issue is the Windows install isn't loading up? I'm not entirely sure if that's what you're talking about or not.

Still confused... Are you trying to install Windows and it won't get to the install screens?

Or have you already installed Windows and it's not booting to the desktop?

Well the only way to do that is from the Desktop. Since you cant get to the desktop, there is no way to do what you want. You cant do an in-place upgrade by booting from the disk. You can only do an in-place upgrade when performed from within Windows already.

So you will have to get a Linux LiveCD, backup your files and start fresh and clean. then put your files back.

Trying to upgrade from a system that wont load Windows already is only asking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom