Most annoyin computer trait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I hear "chevron" I always immediately think of Stargate :grin:
Yeah I do know about that, but iuno I just have a *ton* of stuff on the desktop and I find it easier to work with it spread out instead of in a small list. Meh, personal preference.
Oh yeah forgot my list. My top 5

People who...
1. Can't remember the simplest instructions. I've TOLD you FIVE TIMES how to connect to a server, seriously HOW can you not remember? It's a 3-step operation...

2. Treat you like you're basically a machine yourself. No I'm not available all the time to service every problem you have instantly.

3. Decide they're I.T geniuses and try and fix the problem themselves. While I appreciate you're trying to help, in reality you're not lol. Got a PC here that had the OS reinstalled because the guy was trying to update Office XD

4. Constantly make the same mistakes over and over again. There's one employee here who keeps unplugging her monitor accidentally with her foot because she likes to kick the power board. I've told her so many times what the problem is AND how to fix it, but she keeps doing it and keeps calling me up.

5. Are spineless. They always try and blame their problems on other people, or pretty much tell you b******t straight to your face knowing you know it's b******t.

When they do things that will get viruses on the computer, and don't believe you when you say not to do those things.

People who refuse to use something other than Internet Explorer when you have Firefox on the computer.

People that come in under warranty, after i told them they will void it by installing particular software, and ***** about having another ANTIVIRASXPELITEXTREME PRO 2011!!! infection, yet they are the one that installed the p2p software and got infected. Just love people that don't understand, they void warrant, and have to pay if they want more done.

also when people knowingly want to go to those coupon sites that most of them like 99.99999% of them are malware infested and also most grocery stores quit taking them becuase people can cheat and photoshop the coupons. all the systems I service I disable them with a HOSTS file. specially for return offenders! I get so sick of cleaning the malware from those same systems over and over. And don't say 'well it could have been from somewhere else..." nope. a quick check through history and bam! the same site over and over! makes me rip my hair out! One client tried to go back into it after the HOSTS file.... I simply told them the site was down and they left me alone.

People who get a virus and are like oh well I let someone else on my machine. Even after telling them not to do something and they did it and it's obvious.

It seems that whenever I'm in the computer room with my brother (we keep our original Xbox, Gamecube, guitar, and musical keyboard in there as well), and he's on the computer, he somehow finds a way to run into those fake antiviruses each time.

"What? I most certainly did not install that toolbar!"
The icon's right there, on your desktop.
"Where?"
There.
"Oh. Yeah, I did actually install it now that I think about it."

I don't mind the coupon sites, there are a few I visit that are legit, and the local stores take them, but a lot are refusing to do so. They could easily program the machines to only accept legit UPC bars. -.-

people who have no sense of security and do not update thier antivirus or they don't use ad blockers or common sense.

people who insist on adding EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM THEY CAN TO STARTUP and wonder why thier computer takes an hour to boot up. (oh well this is good for me since I charge by the hour LOL)

people who have no clue about webhosting, yet insist that godaddy is the best ever. I wanna smack em so hard.

people that use IE and have never tried another browser such as firefox or chrome, and insist that it's the best.

god I can go on.....

Hehe, I agree with the startup programs. I make money of curbing the crap that gets loaded at start. As for webhosting, I work for a webhosting company and we'll get annoyed people complain and say they're going to GoDaddy which I find amusing knowing all the constraints they have over there.

My number one hate is people who don't know what the address bar is or don't use it and instead search actual URLs rather than navigating directly to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom