Most annoyin computer trait

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, yeah, happened all the time at my secondary school cos our budget for IT was laughably small.

My geography teacher thought if you pushed the 3.5mm stereo jack into the speakers harder it would make the volume louder. Lol?

Most computer illiterates I know either call the PC as a whole a hard drive or they think that the HDD is the cause of any issues.

I've just always heard it called the CPU. I go along with it because most people don't care about knowing the the processor is the CPU, and the entire thing is the computer lol.

I've just always heard it called the CPU. I go along with it because most people don't care about knowing the the processor is the CPU, and the entire thing is the computer lol.

Or they call it the modem, or think the monitor is the computer (ran into this one a few times at work).

One of my friends refuses to max out games even though his computer can handle it just fine.
When people say acronyms such as saying "hitmil" for HTML or "penny" for PNY.
People who think that their computer should be fixed 5 minutes after you take a look at it.

I remember when my old school teachers did something like the following:, "OMG. PC's are rubbish ! always breaking, don't do what you want *closes laptop lid*"
No no no, your just totally incompetent at using a computer - and your trying to make an awkward joke about how PC's are rubbish to cover up your crapness in front of a class full of students.
Never had this happen since computers in the classroom didn't exist until AFTER I graduated college!

One of my friends refuses to max out games even though his computer can handle it just fine.
When people say acronyms such as saying "hitmil" for HTML or "penny" for PNY.
People who think that their computer should be fixed 5 minutes after you take a look at it.
The exact opposite happens to me.. Instead of saying HTML they HAVE to say the full name...
Hypertext Markup Language? Cascading Style Sheets? WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET EDITOR?!?!? yes, I understand.

It comes from the same guy who must call his peripherals by their full name / brand /whatever... not just "mouse" :tongue:

That's one that gets me as well, though I've never heard one as bad as "hitmil". Mostly I get scuzzy, suzy, sequel and sko (for SCSI, SUSE, SQL and SCO). I don't even care if they are correct either, it just annoys me (I'm getting better about it these days).

I'm guilty of scuzzy for SCSI; that's about it though.

Never actually heard it said myself, but have seen "earl" for URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom