H4x3r is Happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AOL was created by Lucifer and still smells like smoke...

Calling it a virus is pretty close to the truth.

Yup......pretty much considering it literally invades your computer and installs a bunch of crap to benefit it's existence and slow your computer. Every 'upgrade' of AOL is just that much more intrusive

no kidding...i've had to re-format my computer before because i couldn't do anything cause of all of AOL's crap running in the background (which you can't kill or remove from startup)

Trotter said:
AOL was created by Lucifer and still smells like smoke...

Calling it a virus would be a complement. Virus's are possible to remove.

Some corporations actually include AOL on its virus lists, and will not allow its presence on company computers. Yet many, if not a majority of home users still use it as their ISP. Probably 9/10 of my customers use AOL dial-up. Its just plain rediculous.

we first got AOL when AOL4.0 was in....and we have never left...till now!...(now i just gotta tell my mom that when she cancels not to tell em we moved to broadband...or they'll try there hardest to sell us AOHELL for broadband)

H4x3r said:
we first got AOL when AOL4.0 was in....and we have never left...till now!...(now i just gotta tell my mom that when she cancels not to tell em we moved to broadband...or they'll try there hardest to sell us AOHELL for broadband)

Yes, and they will actually tell you that your broadband connection will not work unless you have AOL for broadband. You must also put a stop on AOL on your credit card, because they will keep charging you even after you cancel. People I know have had to get entirely new credit cards just to get AOL to drop the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom