TalkTalk are crap!

Moto Bug

In Runtime
In 2022, I signed up for the TalkTalk "fast broadband" package deal. Whatever it was that they offered at the time. I'd been with Virgin Media, who are way better. But I had a problem I ain't going to delve into on here. Although it was really a personal matter unrelated to any ISP. All the same though, Covid came along. Nobody got in touch.

Soon though, I understood I made a mistake being contracted to an utterly useless company, for what was supposed to be 18 months.

Their connection is simply put, just awful. I mean, say you run a speed check to determine your download speed. For me, it was hardly flickering at all. But I was only able to achieve under 1 Mbps. And no, I ain't joking. It truly is that bad.

Using a LAN cable doesn't help either, as that only works with fibre, which they told me was unavailable where I reside. So I was getting online wirelessly via Wi-Fi.

Once I finally got to September of last year, I called them up to attempt to get out of my contract. My mother passed away in hospital around this time. And I had actually previously called them months prior, but I just got told to ring them back nearer to the termination period. But then after I did so, they refused to end my contract, apparently as I couldn't provide the right security answers during the call. All the same, I let them know I am the person who took up the contract and that I wanted out of it with immediate effect.

Now, they suspended my broadband last year after I decided to cancel my direct debit with them. This does not end your contract. They seemed to refuse, so I mean, hell. I just refused to hand over any more cash.

They keep sending me bills. I just ignore them. Although they recently sent a threatening letter, demanding I pay off my outstanding debt by the 6th of June, or they will screw with me so that I'll get a poor credit rating as a result, or something like that.

Never go with TalkTalk if you care about your mental health. It's rare that a British person takes your calls as well. They are employing all these foreigners in their call centres who are just clueless when it comes to dealing with your enquiries. They keep you on hold to go chase up somebody else more clued up than they are, and it's an absolute joke.

Yes, they have a support forum. It's not that great, to be honest. I noticed many people complained about TalkTalk on Trustpilot and Yelp. All of the reviews are generally similar.

Back
Top Bottom