another UPS fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
come on now, this isnt even funny.

the letter on the door says
Dear UPS man

there is a package coming here today from xxxxxx(xxx).
No signature is required!!!
Please leave it here at the door.

PLEASE LEAVE PACKAGE BY THE DOOR!

and so when i get home, instead of the package being by my door...i get this

upsfail.jpg

i also would like to take this time to give say @#%$@#$@#$ to evga. i "unchecked" the box that required a signature.

2 fails for the price of one, i give up.

EVGA requires signature on all packages, no matter what it is.

That option just lets anyone sign for it, no only adults.

Honestly, that note looks like someone trying to jack the package.

If I were the UPS man I wouldn't have left it either.

A typed note with your name and signature might have been a better idea.

****, at least you didn't run into my issue. Won a prize from Nvidia at the Nvision Lan party. However the drawing took place after the event so they wound up mailing them out.

For some reason they sent all these packages requiring a signature of someone over the age of 21. Now, here I am 19, living with a bunch of other college students while I attend college.

Thank god, one of my mates was over 21, but I wound up having to go down to the fedex hq with him to sign for my package, addressed to me...

Just stupid...

aspire,

i just got back from nearly an hour drive myself, went to pick it up @ the ups hq.

i would have been better off driving to brea and done a face to face exchange with evga.
that woudl have taken 2-3 hours tops there and back.

i should call them and ask them if thats possible next time.
it would save me so much time in the long run.

I wouldn't have left it if I were UPS, aspire had the same thoughts as I did - easy package jack.

^ I agree, besides, the UPS guy's not gonna risk his job over something like that. I wouldn't call this a UPS fail, he's just following procedure.

UPS here will leave anything even in 3 feet of snow they don't care what it is..
they left and entire system outside my house that was not even mine.
heck you hear the truck you have to run for the door because half the time they just drop it and run.

90% of the time I order anything I always have it shipped to my place of employment. Mainly, because there is always someone there from 6am to 11pm to sign for it. But, that 10% when I HAD to have it shipped to my house, I've left those notes and they always leave it.

Like aspire mentioned. I would type the letter. Then I would photocopy my drivers license to the bottom of the letter. They always leave the package and take the letter as I instruct in the letter.

This way it's a more legit document for them to cover themselves with.

The reason they aren't taking letters left on doors much anymore is because UPS has been under major pressure due to several drivers making less than professional deliveries. People have been outraged at their lack of concern for their packages. Here's some examples.

1.) LiveLeak.com - 30-Pounds of Marijuana Delivered to Wrong Address

2.) LiveLeak.com - UPS driver blows whistle on E-Signatures (Part 3)

3.) YouTube - UPS delivers !

4.) YouTube - UPS Man Throws Package

10+ creepy points for using crayon to write it. "Dear UPS man..." I'm sure he saw that, Laughed then definitely didn't leave your package on purpose to spite your crayon note.

10+ creepy points for using crayon to write it. "Dear UPS man..." I'm sure he saw that, Laughed then definitely didn't leave your package on purpose to spite your crayon note.

you seriously cant tell the difference between a ball point pen and a crayon? lol
i know the pic is bad res and all.

besides, on that note, i wrote who it was from and where it was coming from, nobody else would have known that. maybe i should have wrote my name and signed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom