amd 64 oc trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it PC 3200 RAM? If it is then do this. Download CPU-Z from http://www.cpuid.com and open it up. Then look at the SPD tab to see what your timings should be at for it to operate at 200 MHz. Then you'll have to go into the BIOS and change the timings. With a 5:6 ratio, the RAM should be able to function at at least 200 MHz, so make your "max memclock" 166 (that simply means a ratio of 166:200). Then put your timings at what it should be according to the SPD chart. Write them down if you can't remember the name and timing associated with each name. After you make the adjustment (if you plan on doing this) let us know how it panned out for you.

If your RAM is not 200 MHz (DDR 400, PC 3200), then don't do this. Tell us what your RAM is.

Holy shit! You raised the FSB from 200 to 450, or am I reading that wrong? Did you mean 250 by chance?

haha... wow, okay, you had me freaking out man! Anyway, let me know what happens after you set the RAM timings according to what CPU-Z tells you they should probably be at.

Is your RAM DDR400? I guess I am just asking if its stock speed is 200 MHz.

my spd table says im running at 200mhz

the table says
Spd timings table
Frequency-200mhz
CAS#latency-2.5
RAS#toCAS#-3
Ras#precharge-3
TRas#-8

Or is this what i need to change it to

when u put ur ram to 200mhz and it freezes try uping the voltage a little bit, thats probably why its freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom