Windows 7 Public Beta Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made my wife use win7 all day today and it went pretty well short of the fact I have not put photoshop on yet for her. I would rate her as an advanced beginner.

She must have loved that. "you didn't install photoshop? shame on you!" :mad: :p

At this time I'm adding a few more programs on to load 7 up good with a number of new startups for taking notes on a fully loaded OS. We'll see if and where 7 gets bogged down sooner or later.

I installed Crysis WH and it went fine. Tried to boot it up and it wouldn't. I had to log off just to get my computer screen back to normal. Desktop was all messed up.

Crysis and Prey are presently awaiting their initial run here along with Jame Bond: Nightfire until I get a copy of the latest Quatam of Solice to try out. So far most of the games as well as several programs run on Vista have been faring quite well in 7. If I run into any problems with either of those I'll add them in on the thread here for an update.

Crysis loads up fine for me. Haven't had a chance to play it any, but it runs. No need for compatibility mode either.

Crysis went along with Prey and besides one item that came up with Prey both run just as if I was booted in Vista or XP. I had to replace the original shortcut for Prey however until reinstalling it to correct a small problem that can come up regardless of whiich version you are in at the time.

Neither Prey or Crysis saw any crash here but simply having a disk in the other optical drive resulted in the game configuration being messed up! Then I couldn't even right click on the original shortcut if you look in the 7 compatibility thread.

The quick + easy temp correction? Send the original on it's way to recycle land and have one created directly from the disk and a slight change in the target line pointing to the actual drive used for the installation.

Just finished playing 2 levels of Crysis WH on Win7 x64 and everything works great, I did install the directX pack that was posted in the Win 7 Beta Faq before I installed CWH and everything went off with out a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom