Windows 7 Public Beta Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for you Mak:

I am trying to install Win 7 beta x64 on my Vista x86 machine but I am using Daemon Tools since I don't have any blank DVDs. This worked fine with the Win 7 x86 but Setup won't run on my x86 Vista since it gives me an error. I can't install off a flash drive either with the mobo that I have so is there any way to emulate my iso install and trick it into installing (without using VMs)?

The only thing you could possibly do is put the files from the ISO onto the empty partition you have and reboot. See if it will find this and try to boot from that partition and start the setup. From there if it does it should install. But if not then you are outta luck till you get DVD's.

When I have 2 different web pages open but they are minimized and when I placed my mouse on the browser in quick launch I use to see a portion of each side side by side. For some reason why when I do this I see the two links above each other. How can I get it so I see each page side by side? I appreciate any help given.

thanks

I am sorry i dont understand.

Did you open 2 instances of your web browser? Cause if you did not then they are just 2 tabs of IE that are showing in hte Aero Peek. Cant have 2 tabs from the same instance of IE showing next to each other. Just not possible.

You would have to open 2 instances of IE and have each one open a tab and then you can line them up next to each other.

Mak, I can't use aero because of my graphics card. Yes, When I have 2 instances of firefox open but minimized and when I place my mouse pointer on my browser in quick launch portion of taskbar it will show one link on top of another instead of a preview of each instance side by side. IE does the same thing. How do I get it back to where it shows a preview of each when more than one instance of the browser is open?

thanks

So you're on Windows Basic setout?
You can't see the preview thumbnails without Aero... Invest in a cheap graphics card, i used to have one i got for £15 that ran Aero fine...

So you're on Windows Basic setout?
You can't see the preview thumbnails without Aero... Invest in a cheap graphics card, i used to have one i got for £15 that ran Aero fine...

Well, It worked that way on Sunday but it hasn't yesterday or today. So that is what it is called "preview thumbnails". Good to know.

Also, When I use task scheduler to launch a program, it launches it as minimized. Is there a way to launch it maximized? If so, how, please?

thanks

There is no way to have a program launched from the Task Scheduler to start minimized. The whole point of it is to start up a task in the background and have it run at a certain time so you dont have to see it.

Well considering to even get Quick Launch working properly working in Win 7 requires some Registry tweaks you will have to wait until a new build comes out. There is no support for any other theme but Aero right now. Cause they are trying to get people off of classic and away from Quick Launch. which is why it is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom