The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O-M-G! The HD 4870 x2 is incredible! But................im really, really, trying hard to not buy it. I read it requires a 6pin and 8pin, not 2 6pins like i am with my card.

*moaning*....................I CANT DO IT STE! I JUST CANT! MY CARD IS GOOD! I CANT GET RID OF IT YET! plus my computer is still broken.....

Just Do it, Nike.

:p

You know you want it.. :)

well lol i need to use my money for classes and books sry; hopefully, i can get a ticket to Blizzcon 2008, their almost out! Came out yesterday and next time it comes up is at 8pm but i have to get to my bus before that so im out of luck. I want to play Diablo 3!

anyways, i changed plans and i want to go for the R800 now for DX11. My card can handle games pretty good, it's just my stupid CPU that is holding up on everything! I'm also gonna for sure get a 45nm Phenom, highest-end obviously, at the end of this year.

Why couldn't you just go nuts with 3rd party coolers? I can see modifying two acelleros together to cool both gpus on a 4870X2. Some Tx-2 and some kick *** fans should get you in the safe zone. Lets not forget gpus don't have to be babied like cpus cooling wise.

a third party cooler would still cost a fair amount of money...and for 2... were talking about quadfire here... and if u can find an accelero that mounts to t 2 cores then awesome

Nos... if 4870x2 is the top performing card.... Why the gtx280 preference? Did you buy an nvidia mobo?

And don't use "ZOMG PRICE FOR 1000w psu" and cooling as an excuse... your still buying gtx280's and watercooling them if I am not mistaken...

folding@home :)

and not wanting to buy humungo psu...

along with having to buy 2 waterblocks per card...

i thought about it long and hard.. and i don't wanna deal with the hastle

i've been getting into folding... i love competing... so why not compete in something that matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom