Random Gaming News

Meh, I picked up PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds for $30, and it's fantastic even though it's in Early Access. Having tons of fun and it's currently taking up all of my time with friends anyway lol.
That game sounds awesome. It's coming to the consoles too. Looking forward to trying it.

That and they could tweak some of the onscreen action to improve frame rates and stuff.

Better frame rate is always a plus. I guess I wouldn't have thought it'd be an issue considering the graphics themselves are do toned down, but I guess that's not how that works, heh.

Watching Strafe reviews, I am now aware that it's a rogue-like. Didn't know that before, and so far it's probably the only thing I'm not stoked on. I've never been very good at challenges where damage stacks real quick. Best comparison I can think to make is BlOps II Zombies. Running around trying to stay alive until you collect enough points to use the vending machine for perks.

Watching Strafe reviews, I am now aware that it's a rogue-like. Didn't know that before, and so far it's probably the only thing I'm not stoked on. I've never been very good at challenges where damage stacks real quick. Best comparison I can think to make is BlOps II Zombies. Running around trying to stay alive until you collect enough points to use the vending machine for perks.

I haven't played it, so you can take this or leave it, but I think it is really only roguelike in that it has procedurally generated, tile based dungeons. I don't like how so many reviewers use roguelike in the description of a game when it really isn't aside from one or two similarities.

I haven't played it, so you can take this or leave it, but I think it is really only roguelike in that it has procedurally generated, tile based dungeons. I don't like how so many reviewers use roguelike in the description of a game when it really isn't aside from one or two similarities.

I think that's why people start calling things "Rouge-lite" instead of "Rogue-like"

Back
Top Bottom