Rumor: PlayStation Loses Metal Gear Solid Exclusivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol not trying to be an *** hole but Amd gt player has to be the worst ton these forums every post i read by him is god awful and it takes me two or three times to read

About the exclusive thing... I made a comment in another thread, but gonna make it here, as well. If you notice, they say they had a library of games that exclusively optimized the cell and PS3 architecture, than since defining exclusive there in that short phrase, go on to list the exzclusives. Sony is playing around with words again, and I swear to god it annoys me so much. The only thing I was impressed with was killzone2, that looked NICE. However, exclusives?? **** no, the only one I don't know for sure if MGS4. Also, many of the exclusives are TIMED exclusives.

Rumor: Konami Dates MGS4, Still Considering Multi-Plat - Kotaku

I'd like to point out this quote by a KONAMI exec (a person that actually has more authority over MGS exclusivity than Sony or even Hideo Kojima).

President Tanaka also stated, "As we are aware of the popularity and hardware-driving power of this software franchise, going forwards we are open to taking this franchise across to other platforms."

To me that does pretty much confirm it, generally companies say we have no current plans or they will flat out deny it. If they are saying they are open to it then that is pretty much the strongest evidence I have seen so far. Microsoft +1, Sony -1.

I've played the very firstMGS games, they seemed fun but been so long. If it comes out I may have to try my hand at it.

Information from Konami's financial analyst meeting suggests that Metal Gear Solid 4 will "likely" be coming out in March of 2008 and that a specific date will be announced at TGS later this year. This is about in line with what we had previously guessed/assumed after the E3 announcement of a MGS4 delay, but the idea of a solid official release date is pretty exciting.

And since it wouldn't be a MGS4 article without stirring up the ridiculous 'OMGZ MGS4 360' hornets nest, the president of Konami also mentioned that they may take the Metal Gear Solid franchise multiplatform some point in the future. It's worth noting that he said FRANCHISE, and not Metal Gear Solid 4. And considering Konami has taken the MGS series to non-Sony platforms before, it's not a huge surprise. So yeah ... MGS4 still isn't coming to the 360, and PS3 owners will be very very happy come next March.

remember MGS FRANCHISE not MGS4 so 360 might get MGS game but problaly not mgs4,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom