Not sure what to name this, just read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I hooked my PC up to my 32" LG LCD HDTV and played NFS:Carbon at 1024x780(I think that's right), with detail on high, and ya, it looked awesome.

I'd love to play it in 1080p on it, but my TV dosent support 1080 unfortunitly.

EDIT: Yea, pretty sure i've seen "theends" posts before, I take it he dosen't like the 360?haha. Those statesments seriously crack me up. Saying anything "sucks", especially when talking about video games and consoles, makes people sound like they're ten.

I have a PC and an Xbox 360.

Havent touched my PC ever since I got the 360.

If you're into First Person Shooters, Xbox 360 is the way to go. Gears of War (3rd person shooter that plays like a FPS), Halo 3, Call of Duty with Xbox Live will keep you stuck on your TV for quite a while. There is no other Console Online Multiplayer Platform besided Xbox Live.

As for PS3, still pretty new. Nothing really good out atm. PS3 not really big on FPSers but do carry alot of platforms games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear ect.. so still worth getting.

My advice? Get an Xbox 360. Graphics wise, consoles are not as good but are getting pretty **** close. Quality of games, I'd have to go with Xbox 360. Microsoft is financing/buying out alot of leet game creaters and companies to make games exclusively for the 360. They got the money and it looks like they re doing all the right things with it.

As of the PS3 (Blu-Ray) and 360 (HD-DVD) battle goes. HD-DVD will win. Microsoft, with a year head start, has raced to an early lead with over 6 million Xbox 360 sales to date — this despite not having a Halo title to drive interest. That compared to only 1 million PS3 sold. The numbers that xbox has over PS3 will push HD-DVD techology, leaving Blu-Ray with the title "Next generation Lazer Disc". As cost of production for the 360 decreases, they will slash the price of the game console. Next year, we could see the 360 for $199. Then they start bundling the zune into it, say $360+zune+1 yr free music subscription for $400. PS3 is loosing profit even though thier console is already over priced...

Hey danks-

I had a 360 for about 3 months. But i sold it to a buddy of mine, (at the time, gears of war wasnt out). And I that's what i'm looking for, exclusives.

I guess I'm just getting kind of tired of dumpings hundreds of dollars into my computer every 5-6 months or so. Games, like Crysis, are pushing computers farther and farther. And you have to keep upgradeing to keep up.

But the life of consoles are short. Graphics wise, they're out of date fairly quickly. Although they are just now tapping into the full potential of the 360 a year after it's release, it's not quite on par with computer games.

Anyone know if UT2007 will be out for the 360? I think i'm going to google that and find out. I'm really big on FPS. So halo 3, gears of war, and UT2007, does make it appealing to get a 360 again.

Plus HD-DVD's are already selling better then blu-ray, ( I think I read it from gamepro or tomshardware, I can get the link if anyones interested). So blu-ray could be killing the PS3. Sure games can definetly take advantage of the disk space blu-ray's provide, but if blu-ray becomes the next betamax, it could hurt the PS3, and make people like myself not want to fork over 500-600 for one.

I was acutally in the same shoe as you.

Brother gave me a 360 about 2 months ago for my birthday. Knowing the PS3 was coming out very soon I almost opted to sell the 360 and wait for a PS3.

Already bored of WoW, I decided to sell my account, and keep my 360, then bought Madden 07, NBA Live, and Call of Duty 2, and halo 2 (360 is backward compatible with the old xbox titles).

Those game would of been mediocre on other systems, but after I subscribed to Xbox Live, everything changed. You really have to try it to know what im talking about.

Then Gears of War came out and it just blew me away.

Yea, I had xbox live myself, it was pretty sick. I played test drive unlimited alot. I played alot of quake 4, test drive, PGR3, and NFS:MW.

Just last night I played Gears of War at my buddys, it looked pretty sick and was way fun. Yea, all that makes me want to get one again haha. Plus the HD-DVD add-on would be sick. Especialyl since I have a HDTV, but have nothing to watch in high-def but my computer games. It'd be nice to watch HD movies.

The reason I sold my 360 was because, at the time I wasn't that impressed as far as game selection went. Games are 60 bucks and werent too many that interested me that were out. And I rented every game they had at Blockbuster atleast once.

Maybe I'll consider getting one again now that their are more games for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom