WOW Qestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with WoW.....

Read the following thread. http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127578

The following explain it all
mypic7.jpg

The problem that I had with World Of WarCrack is this,
From lvl 1 to 50, you are pretty much fine Soloing in and working with PUG* (Pick Up Groups) Groups on Instances. However as soon as you hit 50, the instances that you where PUGing it before start turning rather nasty. If you are not in a guild by then, you better be in one by lvl 50.

Anyways, you finally get up to lvl 60, and about the only thing that you have left if your 40 man raids. A 40 man raid is not some thing you just PUG. You are normally need to get in an End Game Guild which does mainly 40 man raids. If order to do get loot for those raids, you need to attend them on a regulare basis.
And if you are away for too long from the game, due to Real Life reasons (Eg. Job, Family, Social Life) then you will get kicked out of the guild.
Now forty man raids are typically 6 hours. Allow 5 hours for the actual raid, allow another hour to organise it. And normally a good End Game guild will be doing AT LEAST 2 of these each week. Therefore, you will need to put aside at least 12 hours each week just for your guild.

I was playing WOW. I got a character up to lvl 55 and I realised that there is no sence in my completing up to lvl 60 as I barely have enough time to play the game now, let alone finding the dedicated 6 hours per Raid.

Over all, I have seen WOW and Other MMO's just screw peoples lives up. My sister is a WOW Junkie, and I lost count the number of time I have seen her get ****ed off at some one else in the house because they are consuming bandwidth while she's in the middle of molten core.
Like see accused me of being addicted to Bit Torrent once. Ha! I could say the same thing about her and World Of warcraft. At least I showed at the dinner table. My sister would show up when she finished her raid or quest or whatever, and by then dinner is the left overs sitting the microwave (and there has been a few times where every one else has gone to bed)

The game is a time sink.
If you value your social life, then don't play it.
I just don't like how people treat MMO's as a matter of Life and Death, and in the end all they got to show for it is a lacking social life and potbelly.

Harper, relax dude. As long as one know his priorities in life, I don't think playing MMORPGs is that bad. It's only when it gets out of propotion that it becomes a problem, like anything else in life. Agreed, these games are a time sink, so if one doesn't have much free time (either from work/school/normal life), then there's really no point in playing it, unless you accept the fact that you'll never be number one. Just play for fun.

Moderation, people.

Yeah just remember that. I once played FFXI and it is very similair to WoW. The exact same thing can happen.

Just finished Westfall tonight. Whew... that was some long Defias hunting. I've been sent to the Redridge Mountains now, but I still got a couple small quests to fulfill before I move on.

Meithan said:
Just finished Westfall tonight. Whew... that was some long Defias hunting. I've been sent to the Redridge Mountains now, but I still got a couple small quests to fulfill before I move on.

Hey dude what are you talking about here are you talking about world of Warcraft. And if so I thought that you did play the game at all base on the way you talk about the game.

MurdaX said:
Hey dude what are you talking about here are you talking about world of Warcraft. And if so I thought that you did play the game at all base on the way you talk about the game.

Well, isn't this thread about World of Warcraft? Of course I'm talking about it! I've just recently started playing it. However this is not my first MMORPG. I was in the beta test of Jumpgate, I played Ragnarok Online for aprox 1 year, and I also played Lineage 2 for some time after that.

So I've got a well formed opinion of MMORPGs. I can never play too much because my studies eventually drift my attention away from games and into physics/astronomy. Sometimes I'd rather spend my afternoon doing math than playing.

Ive played a game for 5 years going on 6. And its not a MMORPG or RPG. Its an RTS. So in short, the game doesn't matter, its how much you like it that does. But my "social life" took no impact from this. :p

(Cause I had none to start with ;) )

And hey, if you like spending Hours of your day on given game who are we to judge?

Trotter said:
^^^ A sign of a truly sick mind...

You think thats bad? You should have heard what my relatives said when I told them I wanted books on Quantum mechanics for my Bday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom