PC acting wierd

Are you testing them one by one or just switching the cards around?
You don't have to format every time.
I thought it could've been a gpu failure so I took the top one out and put the bottom one in the top and got the same result.

What are the specs and name brand/age of your power supply?
An nvlddmkm.sys error would point to a driver issue but something else could be affecting those video cards
It's an evga 850 BQ, about 6 years old

Well if the machine was sitting in front of me I'd start swapping parts. I'm assuming this is a consumer rig, take both GPUs out and try the IGP. If it still blue screens, try another drive.

EVGA does make quality power supplies,.
I do not know if this board has Intel Graphics chip (no mother board specs) on it but you might have one of your monitors using that? That would give you an error that the driver is not compatible because your pc is using the onboard Intel Graphics chip. If your only using the two NVidia boards the you can try to disable the onboard Intel GPU via the bios

I recently reformatted and when I go to install the graphics card from Nvidia's website I either got a BSOD loop, or it will say that the driver is not meant for this version of windows( when i know I'm downloading the right one, same thing happens with Geforce experience). Now if i am not in safe mode it will boot into windows and after a minute or so it will BSOD and restart. computer is about 6 or so years old. not sure what other info to put here, TIA

The file crashing is nvlddmkm.sys

I would start from the very beginning to change each element separately and test and look at the result! First restarted the computer 2-3 times! Then I updated the game ... reinstalled the drivers ....

EVGA does make quality power supplies,.
I do not know if this board has Intel Graphics chip (no mother board specs) on it but you might have one of your monitors using that? That would give you an error that the driver is not compatible because your pc is using the onboard Intel Graphics chip. If your only using the two NVidia boards the you can try to disable the onboard Intel GPU via the bios
It would only error if it detects no Nvidia hardware IDs present in the system, but this particular error is normally associated with failing hardware.

Back
Top Bottom