WOW - Global LFG Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
The global Looking For Group (LFG) Channel. Good Idea in theory. Bad Idea in practice.

The Global LFG channel is suppose to be there for people to search for other players from groups. Suppost to be rather useful for players like myself that are playing during off peak times.

However ever since it came into play last week, it seem that we got a lot of idiots, jerks and emos that feel that this is their private chat room that every one can listen in to.
It make Barrens Chat with all the Chuck Norris jokes look good.

On my server, it seems that this one guild is using it as their public channel. You had this one player that noticed that most of the people that were spamming the LFG channel where from his guild.

Further more, the amount of cyberbullying that is going on is a crazy. Like last night, some one {i]ninja[/i] some epic loot in an instance, and you had the other party members just repeating the same message again and again and again on the LFG channel.

The other thing that is crazy is that you could be in a middle of an instance with a group, and you still get the Global LFG channel. If I am in the a middle of an instance, then why do I need to look for another group?

Blizzard as currently put a message in place to let players now that the LFG channel is there players looking for groups. Personally I think that they should get a GM to moderate and put temp. bans on people that abuse the LFG channel. Like first time, 15 minutes. Next time 30, then 1 hour, 2 hours and so on.

IN the meantime, my ignor list is going to continue to group with some of these idiots. And thank goodness for the /leave 4 command.

uh...yeah, should've used the /leave 4 along time ago. and im glad my server is not like that. and as for barrens chat........thats barrens chat man.
but it is sad to see people abusing the chat channels, it gets f'ing annoying.

I guess we get the problem with barrens chat as we have most of the horde noobs from lvl 10 to 20 hanging out there. And at that stage, they don't realise that what they are doing is down right annoying.

Not sure if it was because it was a week day or it was because of the world cup, however I noticed last night's LFG channel was a lot quieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom