Will PHP do this job?

JamesBond

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

So I have a project I want to start, I have learnt HTML/CSS and am starting to learn PHP, I want to know that I am heading in the right direction.

I would like to create a page that clients can sign up to, they get a username/password and inside they can see specific data I assign to their username.

This data will be grabbed from external files.

I want it to be very simple until I get the hang of coding.

Will PHP do this?

Thanks

Grabbed from external files - is that page scaping?
Before starting an app from scratch, try to find a ready open source application and PHP has loads.
If it's not just page scraping, check JSON

Hey guys,

So I have a project I want to start, I have learnt HTML/CSS and am starting to learn PHP, I want to know that I am heading in the right direction.

I would like to create a page that clients can sign up to, they get a username/password and inside they can see specific data I assign to their username.

This data will be grabbed from external files.

I want it to be very simple until I get the hang of coding.

Will PHP do this?

Thanks

Well, learning php is definitely worthwhile after learning HTML and CSS. However I would advice you on a different direction when it comes to the registration and data assigning to the users registered. You should definitely use databases for this.

Grabbed from external files - is that page scaping?

I would guess that the OP has separate files on the webserver for different users. Gotta be mindful of security on those external files. People maybe able to access other users files by manually entering urls. File level security would work best for that. Also, It may be best to save file locations in the database and use these database records to create links or embed data.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom