My battle with WPSpamAIBot1gpt

hamsheena

Beta member
I usually enjoy the process of blocking the IP of a spammer who is attacking my customers websites, but recently it seems that nothing that I try is working.

I have several clients on WordPress who have all been getting slammed with submissions on their contact us pages. It all started around the same time and it is happening to EVERY ONE of my clients (47 websites!)

Some of my clients are already using re-captcha, but that does not seem to affect this problem. I also have some clients on cloudflare, but they are also getting hit just as often.

Some of the messages are in other languages and some of the messages are just simply "I am interested in buying your products, please give me a call at ----" It is a ton of different messages, so I can't really filter on any keywords.

I have also tried to block by IP, but then I gave up because it is literally hundreds of different IPs and they are not even in a similar range.

Some of my clients got a message naming me and the name of my company stating that I "will not protect from WPSpamAIBot1gpt attack"

I don't understand what they hope to gain and why they are attacking my customers. I also want to find a way to stop these bastards. What is WPSpamAIBot1gpt? Please help me stop this!!

To combat this, consider implementing additional layers of security beyond reCAPTCHA, such as setting up a web application firewall (WAF) that can identify and block suspicious traffic patterns.

You might want to explore specialized anti-spam plugins designed for WordPress, like Akismet or Anti-Spam by CleanTalk. Also, ensure that your clients keep their WordPress installations, themes, and plugins up to date to mitigate potential vulnerabilities that could be exploited by these bots. Regularly monitor and analyze logs to identify patterns and devise tailored strategies to counter these spam attacks effectively.

To combat this, consider implementing additional layers of security beyond reCAPTCHA, such as setting up a web application firewall (WAF) that can identify and block suspicious traffic patterns.

You might want to explore specialized anti-spam plugins designed for WordPress, like Akismet or Anti-Spam by CleanTalk. Also, ensure that your clients keep their WordPress installations, themes, and plugins up to date to mitigate potential vulnerabilities that could be exploited by these bots. Regularly monitor and analyze logs to identify patterns and devise tailored strategies to counter these spam attacks effectively.
I tried a bunch of plugins already, word-fence, antispam bee, honey pot, cloud flare, clean talk and a few others names i cant remember from top of my head. I haven't tried Akismet because I don't want to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom