What You've Just Bought!

Ordered myself a few new things.

Google Pixel 7 Pro, 128GB (and a couple of cases for it)
I had forgotten how big of a pain in the ass switching phones could be. An hour and a half of inputting accounts and phone numbers later... and I still have to wait on work IT to send me the link to get the new phone set up on Duo Mobile.
Logitech G923. Nothing fancy, just enjoyed borrowing the kids G920 playing American Truck Simulator so got my own.
Ha, nice. I've never tried any driving games as I have spent years driving for work.

I had forgotten how big of a pain in the ass switching phones could be. An hour and a half of inputting accounts and phone numbers later... and I still have to wait on work IT to send me the link to get the new phone set up on Duo Mobile.

Ha, nice. I've never tried any driving games as I have spent years driving for work.
Just gonna say, I spent 3 years on the same phone and when I upgraded to the 15 Pro Max I was set back up in less than 10 minutes. That included my authenticators, Duo Mobile for my day job, and all my business apps/email for my own company.

Post covid I get real bad driving anxiety due to the mass amount of extra traffic in this area so I don't really like driving at all unless it's in country areas. Playing the trucking sim is just relaxing and fun though, can't really explain it. I get my whiskey and coke and just chill with their internet radio on classic rock. I got the Texas DLC so it's fun to just drive through the areas I know. Like I could actually stream this and have a ton of fun.

When I switched phones I used a software app to do all that stuff, I have a Samsung phone so I used their app called Samsung Smart Switch.

When I switched phones I used a software app to do all that stuff, I have a Samsung phone so I used their app called Samsung Smart Switch.
I used the Pixel's version and even connected the phones directly via USB-C. Everything Google was signed in and all, but nothing else. I got it all, just had to manually enter them. Meh, it's all good now.

Unless your IT has disabled the option Duo should let you backup the account with Google drive or generate a QR code for setting up a new phone. It's just buried under settings so it's easy to miss.

Our help desk is far from quick so I was motivated to find a way to do that when I upgraded to the Z Fold 4.

Unless your IT has disabled the option Duo should let you backup the account with Google drive or generate a QR code for setting up a new phone. It's just buried under settings so it's easy to miss.

Our help desk is far from quick so I was motivated to find a way to do that when I upgraded to the Z Fold 4.
Gonna file this away for my next upgrade. Sweet tip.

Great to see you on the boards, bud.

Just bought a Crucial T700 2TB. I'll be using it temporarily until after Christmas deals pop up to nab a 4TB on sale in prep for them going up next year. Then it'll go in the boys PC as a Christmas present to replace his array of SATA SSDs I have in dynamic disk mode.

Back
Top Bottom