What You've Just Bought!

Nice one, Harper. You'll have to let us know how the performance of that 4050 does. I'm looking at a gaming laptop for when I travel.
After this year's Quakecon I am definitely moving to getting an eGPU and using my laptop. I just can't deal with hauling and setting up 2 computers anymore.

Bought this on Tuesday
Dell Poweredge R830 16SFF with 2x E5 4667 V4 and 128GB ECC refurb.
Bought this Wednesday
Team Group AX2 2TB SATA SSD.
Starting to get some VDI customers so I could validate the purchase.

Had them running off my main server hosting:
ADDC 1, and child tree controller 2, gateway, and virtual box running W10 Pro in a session based environment using RD Web and Webfeed using Thincast RD Webservices (easy quick deployment). I'll be keeping the licensing just in case.

Fully deployed Server 2022 Datacenter with the 2TB as the start of a pool I'll expand 2TB per check. The 4 port daughter board NIC was DOA so they're replacing it with another NIC with X710 10GBx2 and 1Gbx2 card. 10Gb Aquantia acting as VM NIC, 1Gb Intel as host, and Intel X540 T2 for pfSense in/out.

Child tree domain was migrated, Broker/Gateway/Web/License servers deployed, templates created, currently pushing W10 Enterprise virtual host now.
Also migrated my physical pfSense integration over to the new box as all it's doing is acting as an IPS Firewall before hitting my Ubiquiti gateway.

Coming up:
Creating standalone Plex/Emby box to offload transcoding from main server (leftover parts from customer upgrade). Another Poweredge R630 refurb for game servers and failover. Then creating a proper standalone NAS with no other services integrated. PEM + 2 more E5 4667 V4 chips for the 830 and more 32GB sticks.

Just bought Starfield. The game crashes just after the first save point. I'm too tired to bother with rolling back my drivers tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Hate to be that guy, but for it being such an AMD game I haven't had any crashing issues.
Did a little digging. Turned out it has to do with Dynamic Resolution/FSR. I turned Dynamic Resolution off and things are running just fine.

Back
Top Bottom