Uploaded JPEG pics from Cam to comp, now "No preview available". Please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

u83rl337

Beta member
Okay, so I took about 900 pictures off my Sony DSLR camera, and copied and pasted them from the camera's folder, to a new folder on an external hard drive (Which is what I always do), and now the pictures in the new folder are all messed up! Like the first 50, and the last 50 are perfectly normal while the rest of the 800 in the middle say "No preview available" when tried to be opened with Windows picture and fax viewer. When tried to be opened with PictureViewer, it says "Could not display "DSC08868.JPG" because a suitable graphics importer could not be found". When tried to be opened with paint it says, "Paint cannot read this file. This is not a valid bitmap file, or it's format is not currently supported". These files cannot be uploaded on to Photobucket either. All the files are the same size as they were orignally though (Ex. 3 MB).

Also, I have already deleted the pics off the camera (Im still yelling at myself for it...) so I can't just re-upload. However, on recommendation, I installed PC Inspector File Recovery program, and it was able to start re-downloading the deleted pictures from my camera! But the new files were just like the original, and there was "No preview available".

Another strange thing, one of the pictures in the middle, is half gray, with only part of the picture displayed...Like what happens when you mess up with film, here is a link to it: http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/PhotoCamera7/DSC08871.jpg
On my computer, the brown part shows up gray in Picture and Fax viewer.

I'm using a Windows XP v. 2002.
Any suggestions will be hugely appreciated!!
Also, maybe I'm not using PC inspector right? Who knows...

Thank you in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom