Thechnological Ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that the less technical i get in most cases the better, the vast majority of people

Oh yeah. There is 2 problem that i have seen.
1. They have no idea what you are talking about. (most cases)
2. They understand what is going on way too well. And they are making moutains out of mole hills on other little problems or limitations or whatever. ANd they make your life **** as you trying to fix or get around the problem.

OH ****!!!! My head hurts.

Yesturday i had the husband come in explaining what he wanted to do with the home network.
New Computer.
Wireless N Network
Network Laser Printer / Multifuctional
Mobile Broadband for the wife laptop.
Some one to set everything up.

This morning, i just had the wife come in.
Firstly she's confusing memory for hard drive.
Then she want me to go into great detial on why I only put in a max 4Gb of ram on Windows Xp box. And she wanted indepth details. I tried explaining it too her in lameman terms. I could tell she was not under standing. She got a little upset when i told her "I could got into greater details, however I really do not think you are going to understand"
Then she is going off at me about the network laser printer and mutlifuctional i suggest. At least the understood the part that a $60 printer is not a laser printer. Then she's asking really strange questions where i do not have the answers immeadately infront of me. Eg. Can I get the size wieght for the mutlifunctional. And while I am finding that information out, she's hitting me up for another more questions on other products.
And then there is the mobile broadband product for the laptop where she complaining to me that she can get a mobile broadband from a competor's network for a cheaper rate (however on a longer contract). She was rather unhappy when I told her "Sorry, I but I don't think the [Insert my carrier's name] product is suitable for you."

Thankfully her husband show up half way through the conversation which managed to settle things down.

Wonder how they got the car out of the oil change place... I bet she **** her pants when her car fell down... Same with the woman that drove into the pond... Sigh... Such stupidity...

One thing that does annoy me is when people have most of the applied knowledge in their head, it's just that they can not be bothered to use that knowledge just to find out a little more in a particulare IT field or subject.

Like i had to spoon feed him information about how my website template (Basic HTML) worked. And here i am thinking "I know your skill level with HTML, surely you should of been able to work this out for yourself"

The other thing that i hate is Ignorance when it comes down to Latest Product will alway be the best. These are the type of people that purchased Windows 95, Me, Xp (pre-SP1a days), Vista instantly thinking that the product that they are going to be better off and that every thing will work the same as it did before.
Oh and for your Mac users out there having a chuckle.... lets not forget System 5 and the early days of System 7 and OSX.
Sadly these people will complain the most too.

And then there is people that really do not know any better when they see the words BETA. They only have the one computer, and they do some thing stupid like installing a Beta Version of Operating System, Service Pack or Internet Explorer. They then complain "OMG, I just ****ed my PC up."

And finally there are the types of people that who you fix there computer. And then about 6 months later, they call you up telling yo that the problem is still there and that the problem was still there ever since i fixed the computer last. Of course, since you did not fix this problem 6 months ago, and they have been using thier computer for the last since months with the same problem, they expect you to fix it for free this time. And this is not just computer. This also covers networks, internet connections, printers and peripherals.
Seriously people. I had a leaking tap and i called the plumber to fix it, and it still continued leaking after he left, would you wait another 6 months before calling him again to let him know that the problem is still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom