Thechnological Ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know speaking of ram I know a guy who has an AM2 machine. He thinks his motherboard supports both DDR and DDR2. He also asserts that his 7900GT is a fast card, it just doesn't support DX10, and if it did that it would be perfect. The scariest part, he is an engineering student.

Years from now a highway overpass he makes will crumble and kill a bunch of people.

Sweet, the city I'm moving to is full of engineering students, I'll be able to school all of them. :D And build machines for them because they're stupid. ;)

That's the same guy who had a Diablo tech psu explode at a lan party and take his motherboard with it.

Dude I feel for you. I don't remember where I heard this, but I remember a story of some guy shooting his pc with a shotgun when it acted up. He got ****ed when they told him that the warranty didn't cover gunshot damage.

Probably from here:
Computer Stupidities

Love that site :laughing:

I've had my share of computer stupidities as well...

Woman came in and said she needed a new connector for her hard drive (the actual computer) because it broke. THis confused my co-worker, so she came and got me. I pulled out one of our computers and told her to point out what connector (ended up being the onboard graphics). Told her that couldn't be fixed and she demanded why not...

Spent about 10 minutes explaining the differences in mice (optical vs laser) to another lady one other time...she then went over to our counter and began looking at our flier. After a few minutes she called me over again, and points to a GPS receiver. These are her exact words, and I'll never forget:

Her: "What are these things?
Me: "Oh, those are GPS systems."
Her: "oh...are those the things that drive your car for you?"
Me: "um..No, they just show you a map of where you're going..."

It took all I had not to say "yeah, you wanna go try one out?" and watch her get in an accident from her stupidity...

I was talking to my computer teacher and he told us of someone who shoved 3 floppy's into his floppy drive because he was installing something that was one more then one floppy drive and when the program said "Insert floppy 2" he jammed the second one in without removing the first one.

I guess now when things are on more then one disk it says "please remove disk 1 and insert disk 2." so stupid people don't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom