Tax time

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
Filed today. Took about 20 minutes. WOO HOO!! taxact.com is the way to go. FREE to download and free to e-file. Federal returns that is. Have to pay for state returns. And since I work in KY I have to file a state return. They shafted me big too. I paid over $1500 state taxes to get a refund of $24. Lame. Should get about $4000 from my federal return though. Should being the key word here. I still owe them money....

Online filing FTW ^_^. Only got about $265 back for a refund (part-time job, heh). Wonder if they'll go through with that $600 thing I heard about tho...that would be nice =D.

Patiently waiting for that last W2 form, should be coming here shortly. I got a nice refund last year so I'm hoping for the same, plus that rebate will be nice ven though I won't be seeing it until may/june.

Still waiting on my W-2, plus a statement from my college. Since my employer didn't pay over $5400 on my tuition, the letter is just a formality. Next year, though... I need to go ahead and bump up my withholding NOW.

I go through the IRS site and file for free. We've used TaxCut through them, but didn't qualify for it last year or two, so we used H&R Block's software. As long as you go through the IRS website and use their link, you can file for free online.

I got $1,635 from federal and $428 state. The extra $600 would be nice, maybe ill grab the 24" version of my monitor and sell this one, and pick up a gts 512.

Ya i have used tax-act the last couple years since they took away the phone option. Still havent recieved my W2 yet, and since i only worked 5 months last yer (moved and was lazy) i should be close to the good old poverty line and get almost everything back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom