NEED HELP! my PC 10 restart loop? Hardware issue??!!

z7892999

Beta member
Windows 10x 64

CPU i7 8700K (bought in Dec 2017)
MB: Asus ROG Z370E (bought in Dec 2017)
Graphic card: Asus ROG GTX1080TI (bought in Dec 2017)
RAM: corsair 3000 8GBx 2== 16GB (bought in Dec 2017)
SSD (M.2 2280): Samsung PM 981 512GB (bought in Jun 2018)
PS: Corsair RM 750 (bought in Dec 2017)
CPU FAN: Noctua NH-D15 (bought in Dec 2017)

CPU, MB, shows temperature are normally

Issue:

im not heavy PC user, just sometimes youtube, and play CSGO, DOTA2, and WOW, since i build this PC, nothing happen before, but until yesterday when i downloading movies use software, suddenly monitor turn into black screen for 4-5 sec, then system "slowly" restart, why i said "slowly"... because normally when i press reset button, it will restart quickly, but this time it run bit slowly bit, looks like system is analyst something, but failed.that's why have to restart....

i thought its was virus issue, then i format SSD (system inside there), make sure its empty,. then re-install new windows 10, i thought everything fine already, i start normally to install driver for GTX1080, and other drivers, however.... its happens again, only 2--5 mins, monitor black screen few sec again, auto-restart system ..... im was thinking.... ****....no software(windows) issue anymore....

then i was thinking maybe RAM got issue? MB? or need to update BIOS? CPU(OMG) ?Power supply ? SSD?

first of all. i took one slot of 8GB RAM out, then same issue happen again (monitor black screen few sec again, auto-restart system).... maybe not RAM issue i think...

then,i downloaded latest version of ASUS ROG Z370E BIOS file into USB Pen drive, then i restart, "F2" enter into MB setting area, i was shocked its inside there even still same issue happen again (monitor black screen few sec again, auto-restart system).....basically for what i know, inside of MB setting interface (not even enter windows, it should not be SSD issue, because we even did not use SSD yet.. not RAM issue anymore... CPU issue? i dont think so ,,,.,, intel/amd always says normally very very hard that CPU got issue, im also never use overlock function..... hence i quit the plan to update BIOS, because im afraid during the updating auto-restart again....it will bring bigger trouble for MB...

i checked online, says maybe can track event logs inside windows, so i opened it, found out critical item ,total 2-3, full sentence i forgot, but it mentioned key words about something like " low power"....i dont know its related why PC restart or not ? i do not know its also meant my Corsair RM 750 key person who made PC all like this ? i am not sure....

i need someone who really expert in hardware of PC guide and help on this critical matter? i spent lots of my $$$$$ for this PC, i cannot sleep well .... sorrowful my this best "friend".....

thank you in advanced

This is the exact same issue my coworker had right before Quakecon and he has almost the exact same specs as you. 8700k, ROG Hero Z270, Corsair 850 RM, 1080ti, and 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB. It was his PSU. I would shut the machine down and use a flash light to inspect the 8pin CPU connector cable off the PSU and port on the motherboard for melting.

This is the exact same issue my coworker had right before Quakecon and he has almost the exact same specs as you. 8700k, ROG Hero Z270, Corsair 850 RM, 1080ti, and 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB. It was his PSU. I would shut the machine down and use a flash light to inspect the 8pin CPU connector cable off the PSU and port on the motherboard for melting.

Hi. Mguire

Good day to u.

So u think its my motherboard pin CPU cable broken? Or it's the CPU port broken on the motherboard ?

So what should I do? Send my motherboard to repair or send my power supply? .
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom