New system build for 2021 - $2k budget

Ahh ok makes perfect sense. When you say database my mind thinks SQL, like actual database. No biggie there.

Nope, simplest database you'll see!

We will concentrate on the core parts come time of your purchase. This will allow time for stock shortages due to scalpers/bots to become iradicated, and Intel's 11th gen processors to be released. Then we can decide if you'll go 11th gen Intel or Ryzen 5000. Because of this we have to wait on a board too but RAM is simple since they both use DDR4. If you wanted to, you could pick up a 32GB (2x16) kit of DDR4 3600 if you find a good deal.

Sounds good, I'll keep my eyes open for RAM deals over black friday. If I don't see anything, maybe boxing day.

Sandy Bridge was really the huge nail in the coffin to AMD and they massively couldn't compete for generations. That all changed with their new architecture that is now on their 3rd generation with Ryzen 5000. I had an i7 7800x before I moved to my 3700x and so glad I did. I have a couple 2500k kicking around too, but bit long in the tooth now due to my kids playing the latest games.

I go ta bit lucky in that area, my kids really only play minecraft, roblox and rocket league. Nothing too demanding.

Definitely won't be out of budget. By then 500 bucks CD will grant a 5900x I'm sure, or the top or mid range 11th gen Intel.

Sounds good, I'm really looking forward to this, I haven't built a high end system in a very long time. Life just gets in the way!

Thanks for all the input guys. The plan seems to be case/psu now, then RAM and soon after hard drives. Mobo/CPU and GPU early/mid 2021. Build has to be complete by the end of May 2021 at the latest so no big hurry. I have a 3 day LAN I've been hosting for the past 15 years in July so I need it ready by the beginning of July as once the summer hits I'm too busy prepping to give a thorough testing and make sure any and all kinks are worked out. I'll keep checking back as the build progresses and I have more questions.

I go ta bit lucky in that area, my kids really only play minecraft, roblox and rocket league. Nothing too demanding.
My teenager only plays Roblox and Rocket League. My 8 year old only plays Minecraft and Roblox. My 10 year old plays all the hardcore games like we do and I was going to give him the 2500k system with a Titan Xp until I realized the CPU wasn't enough for Jedi Fallen Order.
Thanks for all the input guys. The plan seems to be case/psu now, then RAM and soon after hard drives. Mobo/CPU and GPU early/mid 2021.
Don't forget cooler like I linked previously.
I have a 3 day LAN I've been hosting for the past 15 years in July so I need it ready by the beginning of July as once the summer hits I'm too busy prepping to give a thorough testing and make sure any and all kinks are worked out. I'll keep checking back as the build progresses and I have more questions.
I was supposed to have a LAN in September but Covid.

Don't forget cooler like I linked previously.
Good point, thanks.
I was supposed to have a LAN in September but Covid.

Mine was in July, we went forward with it, I have a large century house so we segregated the guys by "bubbles" we were already in. My buddies and I in one room, my brothers and their friends in the basement and the other group of local guys in the dining room (13 guys total). Our house is old and very segregated so it made staying apart doable....not easy, but doable. 3 separate washrooms, 3 exits, outdoor cooking/eating (deep fryer and bbq...veggies are for the weak), sleeping was either in the room you play in or in a tent outside (or go home for local guys). It was definitely not the best of my LANs, but at least we didn't have to cancel.

Considering how locked down everything is now, I'm glad we didn't end up cancelling.

Ironically enough my best friend hit me up yesterday saying he's dying for a LAN. Which is funny cause his wife was one that's really paranoid about Covid.

Back
Top Bottom