SURPRISE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, but it has no where near as many as FF, that is what i meant mak.
Yes but having 3,000 extensions doesnt make the browser good. That just makes it more customizeable. I know people that use 50+ extensions and others that use 3. It doesnt matter how many extensions there are, if you dont find ones that work for you. So it could very well be that IE, Opera, Chrome or Safari have more options for some people than Firefox. I could care less about the thousands of extensions FF has. They are not all for me. I dont need 15 extensions for Twitter if i dont use the site. I dont need another 30 extensions to customize Google if i use Bing.

So you see having all those extensions does nothing for a person that doesnt need them or want them. Therefor it doesnt make Firefox a better browser over IE for that person. As i have said several times now it all depends on what YOU want the browser to do. What YOU want it to do is not the same as me or anyone else on this site let alone the world. Therefor using Firefox is not the right choice for everyone.

Honestly the addons for IE have grown quite a bit.

Add-ons Gallery

While still not as many, it is quite larger than anyone realizes.

Can you link the Adblock plus that works with chrome? Or is this it? Adblock Plus: Installation
Chrome Plugins - Google Chrome Forums
AdSweep - An ad blocker for your favorite web browser (like Adblock)

There are plenty more sites around.

es but having 3,000 extensions doesnt make the browser good. That just makes it more customizeable. I know people that use 50+ extensions and others that use 3. It doesnt matter how many extensions there are, if you dont find ones that work for you. So it could very well be that IE, Opera, Chrome or Safari have more options for some people than Firefox. I could care less about the thousands of extensions FF has. They are not all for me. I dont need 15 extensions for Twitter if i dont use the site. I dont need another 30 extensions to customize Google if i use Bing.

So you see having all those extensions does nothing for a person that doesnt need them or want them. Therefor it doesnt make Firefox a better browser over IE for that person. As i have said several times now it all depends on what YOU want the browser to do. What YOU want it to do is not the same as me or anyone else on this site let alone the world. Therefor using Firefox is not the right choice for everyone.

*face smack* mak, i have been talking about WHAT I USE IT FOR the entire time. So for ME it is MY preferred browser

The reason some people like FF over IE is BECAUSE the add ons. I never said everyone likes it mate.

Luke, calm down. It sounded as if you were pushing Firefox. I wanted to show that IE can do more than nothing which everyone thinks it does. I have already shown several times on this site alone about Opera and i have now started to show Chrome's versatility.

Yeah firefox is nice and simple. Just click a extension and install. But by no means does that make it any better than any other browser. Yeah some work has to be done with some others, but sometimes it is worth the extra effort.

You like it and you use it. Great. I use it at times as well. I just want to make sure people understand that it isnt the only option when it comes to customization and versatility.

^ if i came off not calm i am sorry lol. i am very calm. (if you took the face smack the wrong way, i meant it as me hitting myself in the head because this whole time you got the wrong idea of what i was saying, and as for the capitalized words, that was in response to your capitaliized you's lol, so i was showing you that i did mean Me, that i was talking about my preference, not every one else's. Check out my post #95 mate.)

Just click a extension and install. But by no means does that make it any better than any other browser.
In my book it does. It has much more support for a lot of different addons. If opera had as many for example i would most likely use it... i consider it more useful. The way you were coming off in your last post though mate was like you were trying to change my opinion that if you use addons for things then why not use the browser that has the most addons available. Sure people might not use them, so then there really reason is only preference, layout, features built in, etc.

i apoligize to all those who i made a sig for with the background color using the "light" scheme.
i just checked my archives, and it apears i have deleted most of the originals, so i cant go back and do a "quick fix" for anyone....even my own sig is like this.

Luke i am not trying to change anyones mind. But i can tell you from experience that Opera and IE to do the add ons, you are talking like maybe 1 or 2 extra steps. Most IE Addonds are simple click to install possibly a download to install.

Opera is setting up the Advanced menu to the proper folder location than making sure the JS files are in that location. There are tons of Opera things out there it is just people dont understand what to do to use them.

I have my Opera setup to be almost identical to Firefox. Adblock, NoScript, Flashblock and so much more are available. Yeah it takes me 2 extra steps, but it is worth it for the results.

I use them both equal amounts. I hate IE8, but still use it. A browser is a browser. Trying to say one is superior to the other is a pointless argument. I just hate how FF fanboys are always pushing it on people. It's just another M$ haters movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom