SURPRISE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, a browser is like a hammer... just a tool to do something.

Its the user who causes issues.

That does not really make sense. because some browsers do things better then others. Like firefox has a lot of add ons for people who like that. How is that the users fault that ie does not have that? lol

Just got into Google Chrome myself, quite like the tabs being right at the top, saves space on my tiddly monitor :D

Miss mouse gestures though :(

That does not really make sense. because some browsers do things better then others. Like firefox has a lot of add ons for people who like that. How is that the users fault that ie does not have that? lol

Ah.. see you "hit it the nail on the head"...

FF alone can't do it either... You need other peoples add-ons to make it work.

So without the add-ons, fire-fox would be just as worthless.

I also find the IE vs FF arguement as useless, and funny as the Mac vs PC arguement

I have FF and Opera both with no add-ons. They both worked without any extra modifications to the code.

Ah.. see you "hit it the nail on the head"...

FF alone can't do it either...

what do you mean? I use firefox mainly because it has the add ons, that is the reason people prefer it over ie. Obviously if it was striped down it would be quite similar, other then the majority of people are not using FF. But that is not the point, ff has the addons to be used, so that is an advantage right there, not a user error. Thats the reason i use firefox over ie. The only reason i use it over opera is i have only briefly used opera, i have not really looked into addons for it so, and i dont know it as well as ff. So i stick with FF. One of these days i need to work with opera though.

Any browser can have add ons. Firefox has the easiest set to use. Opera has them as well and they are just as good as the firefox counter parts. I know i have posted several topics about this.

IE does have them as well but many are separate programs that you have to install. Chrome has Extension support built in now and Safari has some limited support as well. Mainly through the use of CSS files.

So no matter which browser you choose there is always a way to customize it and use it. It is finding the right browser for you. The one that you can customize to do what you want and look how you want. That is it.

There is NO right or wrong answer when it comes to browsers. People use what THEY like. Same goes for OS choice.

Mak, do you know how good the Chrome extensions are so far? Cos all I'm really waiting for in Chrome is the equivelant of Adblock, Flashblock and Xmarks, before I switch to it from FF.

There is a Adblock and flashblock already. Xmarks is something that they have to do. But you can import and export your bookmarks to Chrome just like you can any other browser.

IE does have them as well but many are separate programs that you have to install. Chrome has Extension support built in now and Safari has some limited support as well. Mainly through the use of CSS files.

yeah, but it has no where near as many as FF, that is what i meant mak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom